Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I’ve been doing some of that kind of stuff lately too: I recently bought all three of the Koss headphones (KPH30i/Porta Pro/KSC75) and a T50RP just to have some headphones to goof off with and mod and pad-roll and whatnot. It’s been a really good time, and not too expensive.

1 Like

UP debacle? What happened?

For anyone who might be interested in customer support…

Andrew at MusicTech has been great. He’s been very responsive and helpful with all of my questions, not to mention they shipped the item very quickly today.

I was supposed to get a little break on the price of the Mest because the item I was going to purchase had been opened by customs. After I ordered, they realized that the open box was already gone yet they still honored the reduced price that was listed but I will be receiving a brand new completely unopened item.

This kind of customer support is really important to me and I appreciate it.

13 Likes

Andrew is the Kingpin of service in this hobby.
He has done stuff like that for me and i would not have bitched if he hadn’t.
That guy is top notch.
A real businessman in a hobby filled with failed wannabe entrepreneurs

7 Likes

He got a bad set and bad service and…

I know the feeling.

1 Like

He certainly is. He gets items ready to ship almost instantly, even late evenings and weekends. He’s also extremely responsive to questions. I’m really glad he’s the UM dealer. Actually, I just got the Bravado II from him.

3 Likes

I thought I was being personally serviced elsewhere but that unfortunately was an illusion and I was probably getting lucky. My luck ran out.

I have had cheap ChiFi products with QC checks and had much better service without arguments or proof of not-lying photos (even after spending thousands of dollars with them and them sending gifts and thank you messages in the past for my business).

IMO to not check to see if a cable was properly assembled is incredibly poor QC and unacceptable especially for a $700.00 product (especially when the completed cable even looks like a mess). I guess not all manufacturers have learned their lessons like Thieaudio had to.

Send out a defective product to a paying customer with no QC, then accuse customer of possibly lying about the defective product in an attempt to get something for nothing (not even asking me to simply return it) and going back and forth over days asking the manufacturer if they wanted to do anything at all to correct the situation?

I’d much rather spend my money time and efforts with quality people that treat the customer with respect (especially at these price ranges) as if we’re valued. Lessons learned. I hope I never have to bother Andrew, but it feels great knowing he is there if I ever do need him.

3 Likes

Speak of the Devil…I actually have totally fallen in love with this set

@Resolution Andrew is solid.

5 Likes

The latest - I am supposedly receiving a new set at some point. Givin it one more shot. It’s great to hear how much you love them.

2 Likes

Good. I did a rant vid about customer service. It’s the step that comes before being special…not after.
I hope they make it right

2 Likes

Sorry if I’m being too spammy, but wanted to report I just received a notification the Mest should be delivered today??? I ordered it yesterday! 1 day free shipping? WOW! That’s super impressive.

3 Likes

He ships from N.J. and he does it fast. Even in Japan my stuff comes quick

1 Like

Hell yeah - hype! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Two things;

What was that software at beginning showing the waveform with the music (I know I should just get an RME already - one day xD)

And definitely make that “Hey Basshead!” video :purple_heart:!

2 Likes

4 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

I know there’s a MEGA tribrid comparison in the works, but i think I’ve got it narrowed down to the Variations vs the UP. Music I enjoy is split between Classic Rock, Alternative Rock (Foo Fighters, Incubus, etc), and the occasional Pop and EDM.

Recommendations for one or the other?

It puzzles me how your impressions about the UP’s bass is different from all the others who have received the set so far.

When i A/B the Tea against the UP the Tea slams harder than the UP, @Resolution also was not impressed about the UP’s bass slam and neither was @tkddans who actually loved the set but said the bass was not presented in the way he thought it would.

It is almost as if Mangird sent you a better set than we all received…

That would make very little sense. Let’s say that it was just the tuning of the same drivers, why make a better tuned variation for a reviewer and not just sell it instead and get many good reviews. If it was the drivers then it makes even less sense to create a “new IEM” to get a better review.

It could be just QC and a very lucky set, the opposite of rev’s unlucky bad acting set.

That is what i mean, maybe they actually listened and chose the set they sent for review? Maybe their QC is that bad and they knew it? @Resolution 's cable is an indication of poor QC to begin with.

Maybe. Not sure how big mangird/xenns is as a company or how many IEMs they make (quantity they sell not models), but specifically selecting “Golden samples” to send to reviewers is almost never a reasonable return on investment unless the quantity is really low and the margins are really high, also that you are not planning to stick around fo very long.