Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Just came across this and I had to say big thanks as I hadn’t thought to listen to some Aphex Twin since getting my Maestro Minis and boy howdy does that thump like I was hoping from this set when I ordered it. :v:

1 Like
8 Likes

I tried the Khan over the weekend and i enjoyed it a lot. Bass is fun and only ever seems too much very occasionally. The rest of the time, it gives loads of presence to drum kicks and bass guitar, which was great. And, from memory, vocals seem less recessed than on the mele, so that’s a huge win (imo). Generally, i think i’m fond of the tuning and what the two DDs do here. There’s on GIANT issue i encountered though - the nozzles are humongous, which was kinda expected but … yeah. I can get them to seal, but the pressure gets irritating after about 30 minutes and then comfort just goes out of the window.

But that’s not on the Khan itself (although … why do the nozzles have to be so large anyway?).

1 Like

Adorable! :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Oooh, that faceplate caught my attention! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I like sparkly, shiny, glittery things, lol.

3 Likes

My short review / summary of the OG Dark Magician.

Have you ever been to a big ass state of the art cinema with Dolby Surround sound and remarked at how clear and defined the dialog is during the pre-show commercials? The OG DM gives a bit of that vibe.

17 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Hi. Are you getting the new Kiwi ears before than their release date? Looks like all BA from the photos… :thinking:

1 Like

Got it now. Orchestra lite?
Got it. Wondering when they plan on releasing? I have not heard anything from them

1 Like

7 Likes

Some good waifu right there!

2 Likes

Bruh these waifus are getting out of hand :joy:

3 Likes

Is that the hybrid - DD plus Planar?

1 Like

Yes, think it is a 1/DD + 1/Planar :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Any word on pricing?

Believe $99 but not sure 100%

2 Likes

Happy St. Valentine’s Day!

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah but does it sound any better than the Shimin Li? And I sure hope they call it something else.

Definitely a better set than the original. @rattlingblanketwoman might dig this set

3 Likes