Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That’s hot! I’d also kill for a better resin Mele and/or Kai :smiley:

2 Likes

That is coming. If anyone has condensation w/ resin I’ll jump out a window
fall-jump-out-of-the-window

9 Likes

Damn! i jump to the ship of 1000$ iems.

Im waiting for the Monarch mk3. Thank you Hbb for the ranking list, it was extremely helpfull.

Actualy what make me buy something so expensive was your opinion about Simgot ea500. It was so similar to my opinion that make me think that our similar taste in iem’s will make your opinions much more valuable.

What do you think i will notice jumping from the EA500 to the monarch mk3? you rank Technicalites (8) in both iems. So im guessing that tuning and microdetail will be the diferent.

1 Like

Thanks for the trust.
Best way I can describe going from a good budget set to good sets over all is:
Putting a cotton t shirt over your headphones between driver and your ears.
Letting your brain adjust to that.
Eventually your brain will… and you will enjoy the music. You’ll pick most everything up pretty good.
Now take the layer of cotton fabric off.
That sudden clarity and detail and space is what an ea500 to a Monarch MKIII is.

Wish I could explain better but that is pretty much it.
Again, thanks for the trust. :100: :notes:

11 Likes

I will tell the big difference to me next week when they arrive.

What do you think about the original cable and tips. im using spinfit w1 silicon tips for the ea500 and they are so confy! im a Small tip (lol) guy.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Duuude if those tunings get resined and around as comfy as Mele I’m gonna-
lonely-island

4 Likes

Final version is being shipped :star_struck:

15 Likes

Sexxy AF they are.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to this one. Forum chatter says it’s supposed be a more V-shaped Maestro Mini with even more sub and mid bass.

3 Likes

Agreed, 100%. Definitely belongs on the list. For me, the Z300 is a winner in many, many ways. I’ve recently noticed how many times I leave mid-price and even a kilobuck or two aside and go for the trusty Z300 when choosing what to take with me. I firmly believe Chris is some kind of tuning maestro. I own the Mele, OG Olina (with the handwritten lyric card), QKZ, Khan, PR2, used to have a DQ6 that spontaneously gave up the ghost, and a Kinda Lava that a former girlfriend took away. They’ve all given me a lot of enjoyment, but I don’t know what it is with the Z300, it’s just so pleasing to my tastes. Hits the spot just right.

Not to mention the looks on this thing, dayum!

7 Likes

I appreciate the trust :100: :notes:
Glad you like em. I love em :heart_on_fire:

1 Like

I sold my Maestro Mini’s in anticipation of getting these, I saw on head-fi that they’re delayed until October now though.

Still can’t wait for the review!

1 Like

What puts the Z300 over the Mele for you? :smiley:

2 Likes

Well said, thats the way I felt with the quintet compared to all other iems I’ve tried. Same goes for getting focals/estats compared to all other headphones.

4 Likes

I took fabric offa headphone once…Sony MA900 iirc? and the whole thing was much cleaner. The veil literally …had been lifted. Seemed like best way to describe diff between good budget gear and good :deciduous_tree:Money trees :deciduous_tree:gear that is often way too expensive.

3 Likes

I think they’ve similar but different kinds of warm. The Z300 kind of pleases me more. I don’t know whether it is the quality of driver or the cavity design etc., but I think the Z300 has a more resolving sound. And I don’t mean in the way we often mistake brightness for resolution, even in the lows the Z300 output is just more textured, refined. I mean, keep in mind both are budget sets so expectations need be in check but it’s noticeable. Also, I’m a sucker for a more recessed / laid back pina gain tuning (big MEST II / CA Andromeda fan here), which I feel a tiny bit on the Z300 too when comparing with the Mele. In the end, both are great sets and these differences are not night and day, might not even exist and I have new toy bias. Whatever the reason, I just can’t let go of my Oppoty and Driams.

Also, HOT TAKE… I’ll have the light and untanglable Mele/OG Olina cable over the heavier/ropier Z300 cable any day. =D

2 Likes

I’m with you 100% on that, it’s still my favorite cable! :heart_eyes:
Really wish Tripowin would make the Mele cable to be sold on it’s own, the jelly cable is definitely not the same. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

I have one of those on my Kailua right now. The Olina cable is the Tripowin Grace, but I have never seen it available without a microphone on it.

The next closest current Tripowin cable is probably the Mirage. If you like the rubbery PVC, the Mirage and Zoe are pretty good and about the same diameter. I still need to try the Zombur to see if it is any good, but I worry about cheap braided cotton ( they tend to be microphonic ) cables.

I still think I like the Z300 cable more, but it is close.

2 Likes

Don’t. Its thin but not particularly flexible and just incredibly meh even at the super low price. Only really worth it if you’re on a very low budget and need to get rid of a crappy KZ cable fast.

I haven’t tried this one from xinhs, but wouldn’t be shocked if its the same as the olina stock cable https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805608646416.html

1 Like