Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Oh… This was totally off my radar but now I’m hooked. 2DD with proper sub and mid bad boost!? I like that!

3 Likes

Yes sir! Finally a company who’s doing the whole 2DD thing but actually adding more bass. Now that makes sense.

3 Likes

Cant find any info on the mkiii. Price?
Any links?

1 Like

Kind of losing it here, @hawaiibadboy i assume there’s most likely going to be a video comparing all of these in the future, but obviously the Monarch MKIII is on my radar considering how much I love the MKII. They’re not perfect, and the wow factor may be gone, but they’re still my best IEM in my collection I’d say.

However, what the hell is the difference between the Prestige LTD and Monarch MKII? They graph almost identically, with the same driver config so I’m kind of lost here.

4 Likes

M a r k e t i n g :v:

6 Likes

I got asked same thing by Jacstone on Discord before I knew it had a 2DD setup. B4 that I thought it hit harder.
I’m getting mine in a yellow clear shell and will but a blue cable (Slava Ukraine) and put on my desk and replace DIVA as a desktop show item.

4 Likes

It would be more correct: M a r k EAT ing :wink:

2 Likes

DZ4
giphy (35)
DZ4

That’s Marketing. :ok_hand:

Sounds worse than a $20 set and is being rec’d at $89 :melting_face:
Has a clear reason why it sounds like a mess with anything busy (Metallica)

Thank God for Marketing. Cuz when the product sucks, you better have summa that :notes:

3 Likes

DZ4 - in fact, this is another LETSHOWER omission :grimacing:
Let them all bathe us together :smiley:

1 Like

The DZ4 was pretty good to me. Falls short in busier tracks like you mentioned, and bass is lacking for hiphop, but I love them for vocals/ballads and slower songs. Not an all rounder by any means, but one of the few sets that I can crank up the volume and have powerful and extended vocals on ballads that scales really well. But I can definitely feel your complaints at lower volumes :+1: I’m talking 80db+ here.

2 Likes

:smile: :notes:

4 Likes
3 Likes

A computer, phone or tablet are as good as their processor and mem
(Immediately identified and benched)
A graphics card GPU and mem
(Immediately identified and benched)
Automobile…anything with an “engine”

This is the only hobby I know with an I/O interface “transducer” where it’s mostly

giphy (36)

Reason why a made in Murica brand can and has been charging big money for yeeeears with made in China (no prob there) basic off shelf PET mylar drivers that are flexy crinkle machines (big prob).
Anyone who tells you deforming diaphragms is no biggie…thinks your stupid apparently?
And they …it’s a business. They gotta stay alive. It is what it is. There is a possibility that one or more of the drivers in the CVJ vid are superior than ones in $2000 and up sets that folks swear buy.
It’s actually likely.
That’s how crazy this hobby is.

4 Likes

I’m on the side where this kind of things matters, but only to an extent.

Lotus Elise was made with rover and then Toyota engines. Lotus charged 50k or more for a car with an engine you could find in what, 15k sedans?
The 350z, motor you could find in french family cars.

We can get many examples of great cars that don’t have great engines.

The engine of a car downstairs have to be great: it has to be “good enough for what it has to do”, be tuned well and installed in a car with good architecture,chassis, suspensions, gearbox etc.

For iems, I feel the same: the driver can’t say the whole story. You can find shitty iems with very good drivers , great iems with “good enough” drivers.

Of course, depending on the design, and the different parts, the driver/engine can be the limiting factor of an iem/car. And I think we can find some examples where we would agree. But I can’t see it black or white as you say it is.

The Toyota V6 in Lotus cars is not stock but modified by Lotus for hardware and ECU. It’s a great base engine because of the construction and architecture but it’s quite the same.

Everytime I see a Pontiac Vibe I always think of the Elise because of the engine.

The famous 2ZZ found in the Corolla XRS/Vibe GT

1 Like

What?

If it doesn’t have a good engine…it’s not a good car

baffling-nigel-farage

2 Likes

3 Likes

I assume you’re blocking the “passive radiator” for that red graph, correct?

2 Likes