Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Id kill for a planar with that tuning ! (maybe topping out at 75dB but same slope)

1 Like

A planar with that tuning with an audeze style shell to fit a 30mm driver plz :pray:

1 Like

I wonder if a planar membrane canhandle it? I heard for years a planar on speaker taps would hit harder than a Dynamic driver headphone. Nah
Amped up and EQ’d they do no such thing.

I learned that years ago but thought it needed more power. Nah, just doesn’t move as much air.

For earphones, the tuning up of the DD and blending into 300Hz is pretty impressive.
Remember Empire Ears uses Sync X and they made a mid bass hump that goes out to the eargain and is just too much. (I bought 4 times but always got turned off by the bloat.)
These are way better than that hot $2500 mess

The KZ PR1 woulda been a nice example of a tuned up planar but that did not workout. If anyone can make a planar sound like a DD in a good way…they can take my money :slight_smile:

3 Likes
11 Likes

How is note weight? Is it thick as lx?

Does it have filter to protect from earwax?

1 Like

Not as thick as LX, more like an Elysian X/Annihilator.

It has a tri-out nozzle

6 Likes

I think the Truthear Hexa has to be up there with the best under $100 at the moment, they are a great set. They absolutely demolish anything I’ve bought so far other than maybe the Olina.
For the price though, I think they probably are better, at least to my ear.
A great value IEM either way you look at it.

2 Likes

Not a fan myself.
Can see the market for em. Poor man’s B2/ B2 Dusk.
Enjoy :ok_hand:
Lotta winning in the sub $100 arena right now

6 Likes

I agree - while the bass might be lacking for some, they’re the perfect set for most of my library! I had my hopes up high, expectations were through the roof, I’m glad they didn’t disappoint! You know what they say … expectations are the Theifs of joy!

3 Likes

I found the bass to be kinda slow to the point that it almost felt out of sync with the BAs. For me the Hexa was pretty mediocre, but I can see why they’d potentially work well for other people. Like most things in this hobby, it’s just a case of different strokes for different folks.

I’m glad you’re diggin’ your Hexas though. Congratulations and may you have a long and happy listening life together! :beers::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Does the tri out nozzle protect from ear wax?

How does Maestro se compare against lx for hip hop n rnb?

You’re right about the incoherent nature of the Hexa - that was one of the first things I noticed on the set. Tbh though, for $80 I can accept that flaw. I think for the price tag, having 3 BAs and a DD properly tuned is quite an achievement and it just shows how great the hobby has grown.

Not only that, but build quality and packaging is fantastic with the Hexa.

4 Likes

Yes it does.
Typical CIEM design and many UIEM take the same approach
unless you have a lot of wax/liquid leakage it shouldn’t be a prob.

And I totally understand people being cool with it. I actually doubt that it would bother many people. I think the reason it bothers me the way it does is because I’m a drummer so my listening style naturally pays more attention to that area. That’s why I said in my post that I can see why some people like it, too.

2 Likes

Absolutely makes total sense!

I’m a drummer in my heart so, I can somewhat, kind of, not really but let me believe, feel the same way :metal:

3 Likes

As long as the air drums are your primary air instrument when it comes time to rock out, then you totally count! :joy:

2 Likes

LOL!

Ask my wife and my son about my absolutely LEGENDARY air drumming/lap drumming :sweat_smile:

One day I’ll nut up and shut up and buy a damn drum set and learn! It’s been a long time coming.

2 Likes

Some of my best solos have been performed on my air kit! :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Yeah I guess they can really only compete in their price range, they’re pretty decent for under $100 though