Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I think i prefer the fake fireworks?

That rainbow stuff gets kinda old…
Looks at mouse…and mousepad…and headphone stands :melting_face:

9 Likes

“Thanks” for the pictures in my head (2 girls 1 cup :roll_eyes::see_no_evil::grin::poop:)

5 Likes

QKZ x HBB now on Drop?

Hope it’s an official deal, which knowing Drop is not guaranteed. But $14 makes a great deal even better.

2 Likes

I really can’t see buying from Drop being worth the $3. They are one of the worst companies to return to. In this case, no good reason to use instead of Amazon for peace of mind.

8 Likes

Sorry I should rephrase: the soundstage is not particularly wide, nor claustrophobic. Imaging is average.

However, there is some depth to the stage and a lot of room between the instruments/vocals. Call it instrument separation or layering. I call this out in particular because very few IEMs I’ve heard manage to do that, especially IEMs with bass boost.

CRN had that effect also but the tuning was so-so with a weak bass and weird treble.

1 Like

Is it particularly dynamic in sound? It’s something I find beryllium is good at, dynamics.

I don’t want to say the B word :joy: but yeah it’s very dynamics and separated. Vocals are natural. Treble is smooth and neutral to me.

1 Like

I feel like an idiot, buy what’s the “b word?” I’m pretty sure you don’t mean bitch (the only b word I can think of) and my slow little brain can’t discern your reference despite my best efforts. Don’t be too hard on me lol! :joy:

Today’s secret word is

2 Likes

I thought it would be that because that had already been said and he said he didn’t want to say it. Thanks for telling me. I guess I just didn’t understand the joke.

Non a great joke or not a joke at all.
I said that because i feel that it’s easy to hype a set based on material of driver or collard or tuning.

1 Like

In any case tuning on Cadenza looks like Aria but doesn’t sound like it at all.

1 Like

You know @hawaiibadboy, I actually think I would prefer the look of the Maka over the Cadenza based on the preview pictures. Unless there is something structurally better comfort wize you feel that puts it over the Maka I do hope I may get to listen to it someday.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Snowfall effect

10 Likes

263636e2b1044858a9562a61b20a37bc
b2c529c91e7375d6d3fbe51ceef502a2

12 Likes

So great when what sounds best also looks best.

Nothing worse than loving how something sounds, but itching for a change just because it’s ugly as sin.

1 Like

It’s got an upper mid treble almost identical to variations with 4EST v.s. the vari’s 2

I’m using crins graph cuz i didn’t line up to 8Khz and Variations is long gone

Has less/same midbass as the Elysian Annihilator

The Fatfreq guys got mad skillz.
Savage set :heart_on_fire: :notes:

8 Likes

May we all find two G-notes in our couches one day, to give her a try :wink:

4 Likes

Look up behind the back of your tv screen if you are looking for your thousand quids!

1 Like