Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Denied, denied, processing…HFGF at it’s best :musical_note::v::+1:

3 Likes

With the recent controversy regarding Penon and how they try to keep reviews and reviewers in check, I wonder if that is partly why they won’t sell to you. Lord knows you won’t sugarcoat or praise any product that sucks and I think Penon might be afraid of that

3 Likes

I was hoping to support American spirit and hoping in this case the B.S. would stop. Apparently not. I wish him good luck. He seems like a nice dude :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Nobody that is being honest at that lovely thread gets away from those pitchforks. I have already stopped reading anything from ahem-Fi.

5 Likes

Welcome to Hifiguides. :beers:

8 Likes

Any chance you will be trying the ThieAudio Hype 2 @hawaiibadboy ?

Suddenly up for grabs, and it looks to be using similar bass setup as the Monarch MK3. Really tempted to go in blind on this one

1 Like

Just got tracking today. It is on the way :call_me_hand: :notes:

6 Likes

@AmericanSpirit_JP This isn’t Cash-Fi why are honest reviewers getting denied a purchase?..the very least we can do here is let folk that spend their own :dollar: have a say/opinions on sets they’ve purchased :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am sure he has no control over what they do in Hong Kong. This order cancel stuff predates him. It is what it is.
I hope the set does well.

2 Likes

Aye I hope so :+1:

1 Like

I wonder if someone in Japan can be a proxy for you?

4 Likes

I coulda used my soon to be sister in law but doing that to give a company $600 of my money kinda makes me feel like a moron. I trust other guys in here (HFG) will give honest opinions. This isn’t Head Fi. That’s why we are here. :notes: :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

I’ve got one incoming and will tour it to @GooberBM @rattlingblanketwoman @domq422 @Sonofholhorse and @cal_lando along with graphing it and adding to our database. We’ll keep it real with our thoughts.

17 Likes

Looks like the bases are covered. HFG FTW :100:

7 Likes

Ah the IEM hobby can be like a soap opera.

15 Likes

Your not the only one not getting a set.

Dont think anyone else in our Canuck group is interested in getting one would have loved to support AS. For the effort he put in to making this happen.

I have a feeling it will sell and with that use the funds to find another platform.

Chris I cant believe your still getting blocked , your missing out on some good sets and Penon is missing out on the exposure loose loose sinario and the hobby takes the hit.

7 Likes

Remember, there was only 9 of them in this batch. Plus 15 in the next batch.

They really very much might be overselling the supply

9 Likes

Still, instead of rejecting the order they could’ve asked if you rather prefer getting your money back or waiting for the next batch.

5 Likes

I just texted complain to Penon. This is very disappointing and let me work to sort it out,

Regardless whatever happened between you and Penon, Butastur is just borrowing their business platform, it’s sad the platform is having its own intentions and making who to sell or not😟

13 Likes

This is not your fault. This is just part of the hobby. Luckily you have some trusted folks already buying and doing a tour so the set likely has a bright future. i was going to buy to show support for good tuning and hardware. I’ll grab a set when they go into mass production.
I’m glad you came over to HifiGuides. This is a great community here :heart_on_fire:

13 Likes