Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Depends. Some sets are from shell and multiple driver and tuning samples. Others are tweaks on an existing set Think Blessing 2 to DUSK or Zetian Wu to Heyday (for ex).
Difference between a set selling 400 or 5-10,000+ is sometimes down to tuning adjusts.

1 Like

Fair point.

Something else that is telling across this whole debate, is how people are either siding with the reviewer(s) or the vendor.

Straight up, I have bought a few of your collabs/recs without ever getting a bum steer - mainly because your library and tastes are similar to mine. Equally, I enjoy & respect Crin, Gizaudio, Akros etc but wouldn’t necessarily buy on their say so as their FR tastes are different to mine.

It does however pay to read/watch as many reviews as possible to get a balanced view of a product - something which you also mention often.

2 Likes

Thanks for the trust and I hope not to lose it.

Interesting you mention cuz I have been noting that half the engagement or nearly 50% is KZ friendly

and nobody who is a part of their regular 1st wave of reviewers has spoken up.
As incredible as it all seems, KZ will be fine. They will lose some market but folks not into the hobby simply don’t care about million dollar brands arguing with million dollar brands.

Also…is it me or is it Drama week?? Just noticed Nexus gamer

Gotta take those protective covers off the mouses skid pads folks. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Trust as we all know is earned, and there are many reviewers that clearly have earned it (yourself included). What saddens me is that the DMS issue is not a unique event. You have all been subjected to similar levels of vitriol and comments of shilling in the past.

As I’m not a reviewer, I can only imagine how challenging it must be to rank, rate and review today’s iems - given that the quality has risen so fast.

Gotta love those ‘hater’ keyboard warriors and their bravery of being out of range.

2 Likes

Damn man that’s some killer specs. Your CPU is running some killer specs. The CPU choice is nuts you’ve got more power and cores than my home server. Running 32 dockers and dishing out all kinds of services. You doing any type of stuff to push it to it limits beside benchmarks? Props for the build quality as well it looks really clean and thought out. Wire management is on point.

2 Likes

Yeah reddit is blowing up over it. Linus’ response was a whole bunch of nothingburger. Just a wall of text basically saying “we acknowledge that we messed up, but we’re victims here too!”

1 Like

That treatment of the start up and auctioning their sample blew my brains…holy crap. :exploding_head:

That cable mic combo is dope…the cable quality is quite nice.
Just gotta tune those Konokas and put it all together

2 Likes

have you tried the Kinera Gramr? I have one and its pretty good although having the USB-C would be a nice addition

1 Like

https://streamable.com/17f4ak
His 1st day of sitting up…almost

I have not :smile:

17 Likes

Time flies! I still remember when you posted his first pic!! :sob:
Seems like tomorrow he will be starting school! :scream:

1 Like

i9 4090 1200W!:flushed:

Here goes mine.

Too bad that’s not mine…actually a birthday gift to my gf.

I’m using random lenovo’s gaming laptop😭

4 Likes

And on the heels of other studios complaining about how Baldur’s Gate 3 shouldn’t be setting a new standard.

2 Likes

BA …NOT in nozzle :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Will there be a review of them? Its the Mars right?
Maybe even a gaming side of it?

I’m not sure what it is called. Yes, I think I will review it

1 Like

That driver looks kinda like the KZ driver…

KZ drivers are actually good ironically…

Huayunxin also got drivers that look like that.

EJ07 for example also uses a driver that looks similar to huayunxin and kz.

4 Likes

What model/brand is it? The modular design looks really versatile. Using a Simgot EA500 and it’s fun for gaming with the black nozzles, red nozzles are too much bass though for explosion heavy environments.

TRN Mars

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005944046449.html