Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I figured something is up…

The
I’m OK so It’s OK bullshit is normal on Head-Fi

My set looks like a ghetto Aliexpress reject

That’s under daylight and is all under the hard coat.
Miss me with the Company side of things…this is not fucking Head Fi.

9 Likes

Damn that’s pretty bad, honestly even in the pic with the supernova you can tell it’s janky even though it’s further away.

1 Like

Speaking of Supernova

First cap cracked and i said fine cuz it’s cosmetic. My choice

They refused and sent a proper one

So I was already moving on last night and read a post and nice pic and feel like I’m on Head fi
coulda said

Ouch, that sucks
Hope they fix that

Something that sounds like a normal buyer and not some Head fi drone and check the account and yeah,…that guy

After seeing his proper set took a new pic of mine under daylight and it’s pretty bad.

5 Likes

wtf-ew

8 Likes

Yeah they need to replace that. That’s unacceptable imo

@GooberBM took a chance on it and thinks favorably about it! We’ve got to give these non-harmans a chance! :innocent:

I’m biased because I want something that looks that great to sound good too. The number of times I’ve almost bought a Kinera Freya on classifieds but never bit the bullet because of the graphs I’ve seen…

EDIT: It’s worth mentioning that the L/R matching could be better in that graph, odd target aside. Then again I’ve never noticed issues in sets that after they’ve been graphed, show similar levels of channel deviation.

2 Likes

It’s a 7mm DD so the elevated bass amplitude doesn’t perceive that out of control. It could be a little bit much for someone sensitive to early treble but the SPD treble is very good on them.

The biggest concern to me is poor channel matching, as that seems to be a coin flip

3 Likes

Nah, (for me) not that big a deal but seeing a “Mines fine, I’m fine” reply is not typical HFG and it’s cuz that guy joined and lives in the Night Oblivion thread.
So…I will share the cosmetic QC in a vid but it’s not related to SQ and I posted the pics of me being OK with a cracked Nova which they fixed anyway b4 ship.

True…but…I just saw a vid by a guy who dings sets for not complying to harman completely ignore harman to praise this set so…maybe he is growing before our eyes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have a $3000+ set with a 6mm DD and a raised bass but it lacks in bass so yeah…driver size absolutely matters

2 Likes

Yeah it’s comparable (in quantity) with like EA500 or near that amount, I’d say.

3 Likes

6mm DD…youd assume warm and bassy and youd be bummed if that was your hope

3 Likes
  1. Hey guys, Sorry to interrupt, but I’d just like to give a huge WARNING to anyone thinking of buying from Elysian Acoustics. As many of you may know my relationship with Elysian is… let’s just say not the greatest given their poor quality control and customer service experience (see attachment). Basically, I ended up selling my Diva to a friend on a discount due to the channel imbalance as it was still under warranty. They sent them in about a month ago around July, but the delivery was never confirmed. Apparently the address Lee (the founder) gave them was incomplete and was held in Malaysia, and when asked of him to check what was going on, he agreed he’ll do so after he gets back, but was delayed and never did, which led the package to be sent back due to inaction after being held for around another month. My friend addressed this and told Lee they will try and send it again, but wanted to know if it will still be covered under warranty as the date (August) has now passed, however the communication has suddenly stopped after they asked him this. I didn’t want them to go through the BS so I bought the Diva back from them, and I’m now currently looking for any third party resellers that can hook me up with a new unit or fix my old one. Be careful folks!! (edited)

1. [12:43 AM]

the-lonely-island-desk

Felt bad till I read Elysian basically took a shit on @VIVIDICI_111

Guy doesn’t go to the fucking post office…package sits for a month and now trust is so shot to shit buyer has to negotiate a loss …fucking unreal.

14 Likes

Supernova is a dope set. Still enjoying mine like crazy even after our honeymoon. Good to see them get you covered. The only thing I’m ever skeptical of in cases like this is your status. You have the ability to reach a large audience and potentially cripple them and most of us don’t. Would we get the same treatment. Like with the case of @VIVIDICI_111 while he’s a reviewer his viewership is a lot lower and most likely his influence to a company. Makes me wonder if you’d have received the same treatment had you received a set like his and than blasted them on a video. It’s like they’re possibly only looking good to those that have strong influence and just sweeping the rest of us under the rug. Anyway no jabs to you just some food for thought.

3 Likes

The same guy who caused Jay stress told me 2 times he was taking my package to the post office (Elysian X and maybe Anni ) and then I had to check in days later to find out…he had not been able to make it to the post office.
Nobody ever did that to me (missed their own set delivery day) so apparently Elysian doesn’t care.

Hows that food for thought?
You wanna see my DM of a guy being followed around after getting $3000 of my money then kinda blowing me off with delays…I’d prefer not to but if you got some image of me not getting fucked with…twice…I’ll show you

3 Likes

Oh no man my apologies that’s not the route I was coming from. I’m not always the best laying down my thoughts and also seems I misunderstood your intent on the post. You got my trust brotha and definitely don’t need to show any DMs I believe you. Again sorry for the confusion. You definitely have my respect and trust. It also seems like I picked a horrible choice of words with the food for thought so I offer a sincere apology to that as well.

4 Likes

Totally, thats not how it should be. I’ll say even if you are okay with it, if I were Night Oblivion I wouldn’t be

2 Likes

Nah that was me having flashbacks to my trauma. You didn’t know cuz I ranked em high and just evaluated on item quality and sound quality. Sorry to be rude. I know you long time (internet) didn’t mean anything by it. Me and Jay both felt the rage
I am sorry to have ben rude

7 Likes

All good man. The internet is an amazing tool for communication but without tone and body language stuff gets confusing sometimes.

5 Likes

The ie600 and other small driver DD sets are textbook examples of “graphs don’t capture everything”

3 Likes

From hero to zero…Seems the boss gives very few fucks when it comes to customer service and the Mailroom dude be like…

https://giphy.com/gifs/vintage-smoke-color-l4Ep9dzn9PqyQeH7i

A recipe for financial ruin if there ever was one :person_facepalming:

5 Likes