Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Wow didn’t expect it be this opposite. Guess we waiting for more reviews then.

Really interesting about the Cadenza. I’m extra intrigued to hear my set now.

My hunch is that it simply comes down to choice of tip & source and also how it fits in the ear.

2 Likes

When I used my usual size with Cadenza to get a deep fit, it could be hit or miss. If the fit wasn’t tight there are moments you’ll lose bass and it gets upper mids/treble-y. I sized up one size, to make sure the seal is tight, and I get none of that now

2 Likes

I have Spinfit W1 on Cadenza. Sounds great.
I haven’t heard the female vocals honkiness that people are talking and I find the treble smooth.
Bass is speedy and tight which I like.
Timbre is great.

3 Likes

ISN H50 getting some love :grin:

2 Likes

Chris this beer was made for you!
Iron Maiden / Sake & beer.

5 Likes

I’m convinced that dude just put the same size tips on each one and didn’t check the sizes for proper seals. There is NO way he had a good fit and seal on Cadenza and thinks it’s too light and not engaging. A poor seal would completely explain away why he thinks the frequency is SO wonky. Even if he still prefers Wan’er, there’s no way he can be having THAT bad an experience with Cadenza if it’s fitting correctly.

2 Likes

Does the maestro se sound bright like mest mk2?

How is the note weight?

The “Bad Guy 2022 Target” is a very good starting point, but if I got the chance to tune my own IEM it would look like this. A nice subtle W shape.

The thinking behind it is that I like a little flesh and power to my midrange, so I elevated by 1-2dB from 300Hz to 1kHz. Then to avoid shout and be able to crank the volume, reduce upper mids/gain by 1-2dB from 1kHz to 3kHz. Then add 1-2dB from 5kHz to 11Khz to highlight detail, presence and sense of technicalities.

My problem areas tend to be 200-300Hz and also basically the gain region from 1000-2500hz, so keeping those slightly below the rest frequencies seems to keep things clean but not abrasive.

I was bored :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice!! Very cool
Nice tree BTW :christmas_tree:

No, sounds neutral/ish actually

1 Like

Turned the Ely X into 2 separate $1000 donations to animal charities.
Dude from Poland, You rock…enjoy.

santa-santa-claus

26d5eeac901e5a90cdef60df3fa5efc3

16 Likes

Wow! That’s ganster AF! That kinda stuff has to win you bonus points from the universe. Thanks for being a good dude! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

P.S. If you watch the bottom gif of the kittens in the basket, the second one from the left does this little wink. It makes me giggle and melt everytime. Don’t tell anyone. I’m supposed to be some kind of badass…:shushing_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

3 Likes

I can fit Medium a d Large W1 on Cadenza but chose Medium to get a deeper fit. They sound better that way.

1 Like

Are you on the list?

I’m working to buy a set. Traillii was a challenge like this and that ended up one of my fave all time Top 3 rank.

1 Like

Question about the TinHiFi C2 Mech Warrior. Can you easily open the shell cover or are the screws only decoration?

I would love to think I could work towards a set also but it would be competing with my son’s university bill this term :grin:

1 Like

Maybe your son gets a part time job and Daddy gets the $5000 earphones

Or would Mommy murder daddy :wink:

7 Likes