Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

8 Likes

@rattlingblanketwoman a budget Penon Serial

6 Likes

…a budget Serial

MMMMM Those are some heady words!

So the question for me is… between C3 and Cadenza, which comes out on top? :thinking:

Hype train would say Cadenza. I’ll say gimmie till monday and i can give a specifics based opinion. Both are good and Cadenza is cheaper. This Tinhifi is pretty good. I prefer over the T4+ which based on packaging and slow info is likely their focus. I like this C3 though

4 Likes

Some are saying the Cadenza benefits a lot from a tip change. Specifically to shallow wide bore tips.

Can you test and confirm? Spiral Dots should be good.

I haven’t listened to my Cadenza since the day before yesterday, something that I liked on them was sticking a high density tuning foam into each Final E tip (the most reversible mod in the world)

My summary on them so far is that I’m not crazy about them, they’re a bit wonky to me, will most likely sell mine on. Tuning foams helped. Bass hits are dry. Treble is the wonky region. Upper mids not enjoyable on female vocals.

3 Likes

What’s your experience of them with Wide bore tips?

Very limited because if anything I needed to tame some treble. Happy to try something soon and report back :+1:

EDIT: Pretty sure I have some spiral dots, I’ll try those.

2 Likes

I have the azla sednaearfit crystal on my Cadenza’s and I think it changes the staging or imaging for them in a positive way.

2 Likes

Haha oh no, I was pretending I hadn’t seen this comparison, but now I’m called out… definitely graphs so similarly… I’ll watch the full video later to hear about technicalities etc.

It’s a swap that would free up cash, which is the goal where possible…

4 Likes

I was playing with tips this morning, and there are a lot of tips that I found going one size larger than what I’m used to might help to get a better seal if you think the treble is too bright or you’re not getting the bass you should.

It might not move anything for you, but might as well try right?

3 Likes

Comparison of Casenza and C3 with WAN ER:

TLDR:
He says the WAN ER has the best balance and tuning. Cadenza feels too light and not engaging, whereas the C3 although has the best bass and note-weight, the rest of the frequency isn’t as good as WAN ER.

So:

1. WAN ER
  2. C3
  3. Cadenza
1 Like

I’m confused by a lot of these reviews. As far as the Cadenza’s bass, for me it’s very prominent and I don’t want more.

Disagree, Waner sounds worse of the 3

Cadenza…maybe C3
Waner

Baffling. The Cadenza sounds like a much cleaner replay

1 Like

You should be a bit confused. There is no music mentioned.
Forward and shouty with what?
The set with more leverage over the bass than the other 2?
I’m doing a collab w/Tangzu so I’d like to not clown but the cadenza is audibly a better set.

5 Likes

I am not doing a collar with Tangzu, and I have no skin in the game so I will say it: Cadenza sounds better than Wan’er. And I’m finishing up writing my full thoughts on it so this isn’t just an out of my ass statement.

4 Likes

It’s pretty obvious man. Not sure what library that wouldn’t be the case?
Not my library.

Cadenza…maybe C3

Waner a distant 3rd

2 Likes

Sounds like how most people feel about the Serial… strike 2 for doppleganger.

Still a little trepidatious of the LCP driver, only about 2 experiences so far but neither good.

Tinhifi says it’s a PU + LCP composite, so I’m giving it a benefit of the doubt I don’t give to pure LCP

2 Likes