Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Oh I don’t mind Chinese companies, just gotta be careful. I’d say that I trust the ones who take their time developing products like Aful, Dunu, truthears etc. vs the ones that keep shitting out whatever they can like KZ (and sadly moondrop is starting to go the same way)

I hope nobody does as a lot of internals are coming outta China. Different shells…much higher cost.
I pay top dollar cuz I can. Not because there is some imaginary secret recipe in the hands of folks outside of China

3 Likes

Also, the little companies outside of China charge more to control demand versus their ability to produce supply, to an extent. 7th Acoustics Supernova has a 90 day wait period and it costs $750.

If it cost $499, that wait period might double because that’s a much more attainable price point for a lot of people that would want that IEM.

Aür Audio and TGXear do the same kind of thing, because they are one-person, part-time builders and if they didn’t price their sets behind a bit of a paywall they’d do nothing but build sets in their free time because of demand

1 Like

Oh trust me I know. I would buy a Thieaudio, Aful or whatever product before I buy a Noble, EE or 64 audio product (mostly because they’re priced waaaaaaaaaaay out of my range). Even stuff like Campfire Audio you get one product worth buying for every 10 overly priced badly tuned IEM.

2 Likes

Hey @hawaiibadboy do you also get stuff from Hi-fi Go to review?

If so could you please ask for BGVP Phantom as a review unit`?

It looks very interesting for sure and if it turns out to be good it would be a killer with that driver config for that price.

There is only one review out and I would love to read more about it.

5 Likes

Is this true? If so, shouldn’t it be possible to use parametric EQ to match theie200 to the ie900? Bit of a bargain if possible…

…or are there special differences in the housing that would make this only partially possible?

1 Like

No, looks interesting though. Maybe I’ll buy one :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

The more I see on the Binary x Gizaudio Chopin, the more interested I am. I still haven’t seen a price.

I am seeing some lots of comparisons to the Truthear Nova.

2 Likes

TE set has less bass where it matters (for my library)
Keep eye on CHOPIN.
I’m trying not to obviously hype it… while i hype it :laughing:

8 Likes

@hawaiibadboy how’s the simgot ea1000? I’m checking this page every hour to get some updates :rofl: Will this get a video?

1 Like

Yes it will. Some sets (a lot) are not for sale like the Kiwi and Timeless 2 …also the Gizaudio I just posted…and th Raven was recalled…
The Simgot will def get a video :notes:

4 Likes

It looks like the Chopin has a bit more from 40-140Hz, which usually works for me too.

2 Likes

Nice!!! :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I have both. Both are solid, but not world class iems. If Chopin can come in under 150… dude…

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Make it so

1 Like

They posted on HeadFi that it’s thier perogitive not to disclose driver configuration nor type. So it’s FF causing the drama.

3 Likes

Damnit Chris, you holding out on us. I see what’s up…

XD

Good luck with your Collab. I hope I can afford it.

18 Likes

You got your big boy pants? Well pull them tight cause that is gonna cost you

3 Likes

Graphic of a DD = cable sentence? Not that it matters. Maybe it’s a cable cross section.

1 Like