Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Quick question: Best single DD under $1k? I’m open to most tunings/profiles as I enjoy a wide range. Similar library to yours. My ears are generally not picky with fit.

Twilight or Illumination

illumi gets no love but man the reverb kinda play on that set is special

Twilight might be a tad better but fit can be an issue. i think illumi has same driver iirc?

1 Like

Thanks! I actually have the Twilight and the Zen Pro headed my way as yhe next two I’m looking into, but I hadn’t heard much about the Illumination so I’ll have to check it out. Much appreciated, bro! :pray::sunglasses:

3 Likes

No prob. It is a musical thic sounding set despite a flat mid range. great noteweight that belies its graph

1 Like

Cool. I just ordered a pair from 64 Audio so it’s lookin’ like I’ll be having a little three way showdown between the Zen Pros, the Twilights, and the Illuminations. I’m really hoping one of these will have the it factor I’ve been looking for. Pretty stoked to hear what their capable of. Thanks again for the recs!

8 Likes

That will be quite a battle. Please share your thoughts in here after the dust has settled :notes: :v:

2 Likes

I absolutely will!

1 Like

I kinda like the TANGZU Shimin Li is different from a lots of IEM in the price bracket.

Definitely brighter than the Candenza in a good way as I feel the KiwiEars slightly more laid back. Both enjoyable and complimentary to each other rather than upgrades.

2 Likes

Looks Like the WU is landing
3eFdnH

8 Likes

Wait! I must have missed the memo it’s on sale already. Was it a preorder?

Edit: NM saw on Facebook it looks like first batch went to reviewers. Can’t wait until the public launch. I’m currently planarless and buying on launch.

3 Likes

I don’t have my set yet, should have it tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, this will be the one. The graph looks immaculate to my eyes

Sorry, what will the price be?

4 Likes

Believe it is $169-$199

3 Likes

ElderlyLimpAmazonparrot-max-1mb

Fixed i think…yay

2 Likes

I thought I was done with planars having 6 sets but this looks so good I’m going to have to get it. On looks alone its a beautiful set. Going on the Akros first impressions it also sounds amazing. Great job, your influence on the iem market has been very important and impressive. I share your library tastes completely so your tuning abilities have been a godsend. Happy Christmas dude.

4 Likes

Thanks man. Your trust is greatly appreciated. Library does help translate the message.
You have an awesome Christmas :christmas_tree: :gift: :notes:

giphy (20)

7 Likes

Need to know how this differs from the OG especially in terms of resolution but its definitely on my radar as the next Planar but not sure how much more the can eek out of the tec.

2 Likes

Can’t help on the resolution but, here’s a chart from their Facebook.

Also Linsoul has an early bird $1 reservation promo going right now to receive $20 off only on launch day. Which is slated for Dec 22nd.

Promo Link

7 Likes

Beautiful…

19 Likes

Damn. I saw the @Tonytex_Teixeira first impressions video and I think the overall aesthetics of the set totally justify the collab alone. They’re beautiful. And it looks like it’s a legitimate update to the set which is a very welcome change - not just a tuning change, a few dB here and there, no - a complete reworking.

Congratulations, HBB, this one should be a hit.

7 Likes