Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Uh oh @hawaiibadboy
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/17fqetd/i_thought_this_only_happened_to_kz_iemsrip_dark/

3 Likes

Worst part of that story is Apos asking for $425 to fix!!

8 Likes

moved down below

2 Likes

When I see this a piece of my soul os also ripped out sad. How hard is it to admit from theese manufacturers that there is a issue. Sad sad times.

Going through my own drama with Hakugei cables all the fabric ones are having issues and I am just waiting to hear back from them as to what solution they will do for me.

Got my Dark Saber a week ago. Left side 2 pin connector fit pretty tightly compared to the right. Tried to swap to using my Littlewhite and pulling the stock cable out pulled out the whole 2 pin socket and some of the shell. Reached out to Moondrop, they told me to contact the seller. Reached out to Apos, they told me to pay $425 for a replacement but could offer a 35% discount.

This is definitely the last plastic IEM I get that doesn’t fill most of the shell with resin, and probably the last Apos or Moondrop purchase I make.

Saw this coming a mile away

6 Likes

I was never a big moondrop fan but this seals the deal on me buying any of their IEMs.

3 Likes

Wow. I thought it’d be safer to buy international products from a local (USA) vendor.

NOPE! At least not in this case with Apos.

3 Likes

I blew Shenzen off well over five years ago. Sent an email for a link to their driver library and got into a hack with them because they had no record of my purchase. Uhhhh, you charged my card, here is the proof, send the link. Got the fk you runaround from them after they were proven wrong. I got a full refund through my bank after they reviewed the email thread. Soooo, fk ‘em.

4 Likes

This Sabre stuff is a slow mo trainwreck…we all see it coming but it’s being kinda ignored.

Glad you got your cash back :100: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

What a bullshit on both Moondrop’s and Apos’ side… Let’s see how (if in any way) would they respond officially The Moondrop Dark Saber Hybrid Reference IEM - Now Available on Apos Audio | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

3 Likes

I just got a DM on FB saying I was hating on moondrop because of my cable issue…

This actually started prior to that being an issue so lets recap

1. 1st sign of crisis Oct 7th

1. 2 Reach out to Moondrop

They look at pic and say that was a result of a drop as they had looked into it
:thinking:

1. 3 Doubt and confirm

Moondrop lied OR there are other sets popping at the 2pin cuz of drops

1. 4 Seen it coming

We talked in this thread almost 3 weeks ago about this maybe being an obvious red flag

1. 5 It begins

7 Likes

That sounds like a very good deal :laughing:
I’ll let that guy borrow tape anytime he needs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to EQ my IEMs to the Scarlet Mini just to get a preview of them, but even with the Hype 2 the changes just distort the drivers too much haha. Guess I’ll wait patiently. Just goes to show how beast the driver of the Scarlet is lol.

5 Likes

Yeah almost nothing can be jacked like that and not start choking and wheezing

1240325433_old-dude-bong-smoking

2 Likes
7 Likes

Hits from the bong :rofl: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Ice Bongs aaaaaall Day :dash:

Dig the look of these

12 Likes

Chronic :smile:

3 Likes

4oaU0TF

I found someone clearly having a bad fucking day

New Dark Sabre owner??

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the humble XLS X-One has a simple description with no unnecessary adjectives or specially re-titled technology:

giphy

In other words this superfluous nonsense isn’t limited to TOTL items, it extends right to the bottom. So unfortunately, I assume it’s a marketing approach that works. Often enough.

6 Likes