Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Agree. Not sure how they come up with that?
Get a new rep
Send that nice box to all prior Grand Maestro buyers (I don’t have one)
expand on what cancellation fees refer to on website.
State driver count on website.

PROFIT

3 Likes

@ToneDeafMonk

I’ve been following them since Hidizs used em for a sales angle.
Never sen them like a tweet about coservation of Sea Life.
I know this must be shocking to think this was all about money and nobody really gave a shit about Dolphins and Whales.

giphy (74)

1 Like

The weirdest thing is that most people seem to think that they’ve got a good IEM so they didn’t even need to do this weird bait shit lol.

1 Like

Yup, I wonder if it helped…it didn’t hurt

screenshot-discord.com-2023.10.24-21_46_21

Lesson learned today…
Black background for higher contrast/res like the demon in pic.

Govee curtain lights are legit. Glad i grabbed 3

4 Likes

That guy also reps Symphonium and caused a stir in the Symphonium Crimson thread. Same deal where people wanted to know the driver config and he wouldn’t say.

Instead, he said that the company is doing an experiment with the consumers with this launch, which caused a lot of back and forth in the thread. One side asked for company transparency and the other side didn’t think Symphonium had to say sh*t.

The rage in the thread didn’t die down until Chang from Nightjar stepped in and explained the situation.

1 Like

Check this story about A set of Hype 2 and Linsoul kinda mirrors my own experience and so many others about thier shitty service.

Saw the HBB’s latest video, so I gotta say this here as well.

I got Hype 2 from Linsoul like 3-4 months ago.

Left earbud driver ramble issue
Contact them, I show them multiple videos, they eventually tell me to send, I just wanted left earbud replacement.
Send them back, they take 1.5 months to figure out if it has a problem, like really? Not only that, I already see online forums that Hype 2 has the same problem with lots of people, Linsoul such a massive company, Thieaudio their in-house brand, couldn’t even just send over left earbud replacement which is a common issue with many.
After 1.5 months of wait of “testing”, they tell me they did find issues, they’ll send me back Hype 2 replacement.
2 weeks in, I ask them where’s my tracking for the replacement package. They tell me it’s apparently in pre-order process, they’ll take 1 months time to process and they are sending me a new one (given, they never told me they’re gonna send a “new” replacement). Anyways, now I have to wait.
They eventually send out, but they send with regular shipping, when my eventual order was with DHL, so they didn’t even DHL me back, all while I had to remind them AGAIN to refund me for shipping the item to them.
Item comes in after 2 weeks of shipping wait, take it out, WRONG COLOR.
I email them immediately. They take 6 days to reply to me. By this time, I am already so frustrated, I just decided to keep them in my mind.
When they finally reply back, I send them photos of the IEM, they keep asking for pictures of the box sleeve (I threw it out, because I decided to keep the IEM). I tell them why do they need the box sleeve, when the picture and receipt clearly shows I got the wrong colorway. After 3 times, they finally clear it up.
They offer replacement or partial refund. I tell them, I’ll keep it, atleast give me like 1/3 refund atleast. They offered me 15 bucks refund. I was in awe because their own website was literally selling for 30+ bucks off while on sale during this email. They eventually tell me 45 bucks is their max. I can’t be bothered at this point and just accept.

Hype 2 itself is a great IEM, but this experience left such a bad taste in my mouth. I bought a lot from Linsoul but I feel massively hesitant to buy from them. If there’s an option to buy from ShenzhenAudio or Hifigo for something I particularly want, I’d rather buy from them. I don’t know if it’s the seller or manufacturer being helpful but ShenzhenAudio (Truthear, Tanchjim, Moondrop), Hifigo (SeeAudio), gave me great service and I was happy with their connection and understanding.

3 Likes

I noticed the migration of that topic leapt into the fat Freq thread the next day. After it started about Crimson. Nobody had been denied the info about driver count at any point.
I saw the fact that it was same rep. You obviously noticed too

3 Likes

LOL at Shenzen

36_days_uc

Fir reached out today
Seller of Cayin did too

My 16th mail to that seller goes unanswered

4 Likes

Things seem to be as some infamous large fella once wisely said: mo money mo problems (or at the very least, mo money, mo the problems are unacceptable).

I would hope that things that priced over 4 digits are at least thorougly tested before being sent off - after all, what’s 15 minutes labour with a price like that? Those 15 minutes can make or break your reputation with a customer.

3 Likes

Amen

I don’t mind paying, in fact i enjoy it.
Just make sure it’s working is all I ask. :call_me_hand: :notes:

1 Like

Jupitier notes? HYPE! And not hype 2. XD

7 Likes

It’s actually a reminder to get Silicon caulking at juntendo which is a home improvement center.

i gotta wash my hands before vids :laughing:

https://www.juntendo.co.jp/

3 Likes

The soundtrack to this is bonkers. RUSH , Blue Oyster Cult and on and on…wow

4 Likes

The story itself is even more bonkers. The Von Erichs have a hell of a history.

2 Likes

Yep. i dont wanna spolier folks but it’s a modern greek tragedy. The trailer looks awesome…spotted Ric Flair in there
ezgif.com-resize (2)

1 Like

I have the Glamdring, and while it’s miles better than stock S12 and hybrids I’ve heard, the timbre for high notes on the sax and stringed instruments still isn’t on-point for me. But YMMV and maybe I’m a timbrehead to the max lollll

4 Likes

Some of a restock fee is money creditcard company charges seller for their part of the transfer allso.

1 Like

I actually love the metallic tinge of the s12 treble once it’s tuned to my liking. It makes metal music and cymbals sound super fast and zingy. It’s not natural but it’s fun.

3 Likes

I was supposed to A/B RN6 and Volur over the weekend but wasn’t able to meet up with friend sadly - was curious to put them side by side again.

I remember it as being more midbassy and full, more expansive and more euphonic with bright treble over Volur. Somehow reminiscent of Mentor Multiverse but less technical but with the advantage of using a DD unit for the lows.

I think Volur’s bass quality and push-pull dynamism is superior, but it doesn’t have the same aggressive shelf and favors a tight impact rather than fullness. Volur is a bit dark unless tip rolling and does not have the same stage expansion.

I actually was the 1st set of ears to try RN6; Alex let me rock them in exchange for duct tape and an x-acto knife while we were setting up booths at Canjam NYC. My immediate response was these are your best iem’s yet! And then later that night I bumped into the brothers again, very lit after a night of drinking :crazy_face: . Fun times!

7 Likes