Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

DD Master Race

8 Likes

Softears Twilight or Turii territory right there!

1 Like

Bout to see what Simgot got into with EA1000 lol

4 Likes

I love it but wishing for a speedier DD

2 Likes

If the OP can handle earbuds, there are several options that are phenomenal with classical and instrumental music for a fraction of the Twilight :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Strongly disagree.
Aside from that , he mentiones a few tribrids and a hybrid among current options.
The less busy the better with a single DD. He seems to already know that :notes: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

giphy (72)

Ya see …that lady replying to your mails gets paid.
You shouldn’t buy expensive stuff or anything until you learn about import taxes.
I’m on day 35 with no replaced cable from Moondrop…better stay away from them ot YOUR FUCKING HEAD WOULD EXPLODE

9 Likes

Yeah and it looks like multiple people including myself are trying to call him out on his BS.

4 Likes

Ya honestly I find it hard to see FatFreq in the wrong there. Maybe they could have replied quicker but considering timezones eh (I get the same reply frequency from local stores around here anyway lol)

4 Likes

I wish I got replied to the day of inquiry everytime…did I mention its been 35 days since I contacted Moondrop.
I want this Daniel dude to have a prob with Moondrop and experience a month +…cmon Danny…take the MOON drop the fucking Ball challenge

ezgif.com-resize (1)

5 Likes

If they’re this bad to you imagine how bad they are to normal customers lol.

3 Likes

Inserts MD c*** suck then proceeds to vomit bullshit about regional diff.
I’m in the hobby and talk to companies, reps, engineers, start ups…
They want high profit and low drama

Acting like this is some kinda China thing means ya didn’t watch the vid and…MD thanks you for your BJ
Tell em it’s 3 and 5…35!!

3 Likes

YMMV I guess, but every time I try a hybrid and compare with a DD, the timbre isn’t up there. Upper registers of violin, horns, trumpets, harpsichord, all sound too thin or metallic when BA or planar gets involved IMHO. Perhaps it’s different with Sonion or kilobuck sets, but not sure what the OP budget is.

Something like TGXEAR Serratus or Ripples make instruments sound much more realistic than a hybrid for me (might be biased towards TGXEAR tuning as I’m also classically trained).

But if the OP wants detail and separation above timbre, then yeah can’t beat hybrid and tribrids

5 Likes

Save for the possibility of a damned good planar, possibly tuned by Michael Bruce that the set then becomes named Glamdring :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m a big time DD fan since my brain has understood the tech since my first speaker teardown. 8 year old maybe…

Busy tracks with potential masking seems to be a choke point for single transducers and I can pick it up clearly (no pun intended)
I used to think EST were an answer to a question that nobody asked until i started hearing more and more crap quality replay of BA in treb because of tuning or no name rebranded BA’s just giving me that ringing after listening. I can’t get the fit I want from earbuds so it’s a non starter for me

1 Like

Earlier in the conversation, FatFreq customer service clarified multiple times that they would cover all import taxes, even if DHL charged the customer directly. So it seems the entire situation and outrage was unnecessary :joy:

Anyway, it’s a funny read. Clueless customer completely in the wrong. (Although an $88 cancellation fee seems fairly high.) People seem to be finding any excuse they can to find fault with FatFreq lately.

1 Like

I called out the guy i said he clearly overreacted from his 100 emails FATfreq clearly said charges were covered and they would deal with DHL if need be.

Getting charged a restocking fee when there is no stock is not great customer service.

Where is the rep?
He was in there talking about a policy of not sharing driver count when the 1st pge of thread has all the sets driver counts.
What is that guys actual job?

The restocking fee is not litteraly restocking it’s mostly related to the costs incured while cleaning and closing the order because the person in that mail chain gets an actual salary. That is and has always been part of the “Re-stocking” fee.

Lucky it wasn’t Dan Clark Audio…who told me I couldn’t cancel but could ship back unopened stealth at my cost plus a 10% re stocking fee…like $450

Again…what is that reps job and where is he?

1 Like

When a guy with autism rages out it is easy to spot.

look-in-the-mirror-look

I see me :laughing:

3 Likes

shrug :person_shrugging: Just a guy who liaises directly with the company and apparently has the authority to speak on their behalf. He doesn’t seem to have shown his face since that driver count mess lol.

Yeah, I can understand there being cancellation fees. It costs the business money to process orders, and even more to then cancel and refund those orders. For a small, independent business, it should be expected. Still, $88 is a lot.

1 Like