Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Within 30 sec of listening to Wind I was like
“Yep, this is it chief”.

I’m hearing the 5Khz peak a little bit, as well as 2.5kHz elevation. Though it must be said I am used to a perfectly flat treble and a somewhat relaxed pinna.

Did the 5k peak calm down with playtime or only 2.5k calmed down?

If not, then I might have to apply Tanya filter to achieve that last bit of refinement.

yeah, no - it’s still a mess. Also forgot it doesn’t have embedded support for Qobuz.

I reached out to Mr. Kong last night , sounds like the communication for the defective set went as far as American Spirit and stopped. Mr Kong has always provided great service for me, and he was thankful for the heads up.
So hopefully this gets resolved for you soon.
Cheers J

3 Likes

I thought the same until I put about 80 hours of burn in on it and it smoothed right out for me.

Overall with Wind on Brass nozzle and EA1000 on red . They both sound amazing.

But I prefer the faster slam of the Falcon and smoother slightly warmer replay for my preferences and music.

2 Likes

Very good. Thanks

Shame about the 5KHz peak, their “Autumn” was a great release besides fit for my ears and - the 5k peak. There are cases where it works out ok even in my collection though.

I should note that it is a relatively minor peak, of which my perception is exacerbated by the fact that I’m used to perfectly flat treble. It’s not at all disqualifying for the set.

Furthermore, Autumn has a 13mm DD (vs 10mm in Wind) which stores more energy at the peaks and it also has less upper mids than Wind to mask the 5k peak a bit.

Lastly, I have not tried Single Ended output through high powered source, using balanced output out of xDuoo Link2Bal Max now. (~250mW)

1 Like

I feel like a few threads are kinda being Wind spammed

3 Likes

Cause they have been a little bit. Trying to drum up that hype lol

There’s only one iem that I want information Spammed about.

7 Likes

moved below

2 Likes

I think it’s likely a big miscommunication problem. They really dropped the ball here regardless, and AS I don’t think is even aware and is out for travel (looking at his profile, the “seen” date is Oct 28).

1 Like

7Hz Zero 2 Frequency Graph

14 Likes

That looks like Crin tuned it for you.

14 Likes

Corin was Cringing when he told 7hz how he wanted the tune set up…that’s not his style at all…he has now entered the ‘Dark Side’ on behalf of a fellow reviewer…

3 Likes

iu(93)

4 Likes

oh no
LOL

3 Likes

One of the worst played hustlesI have ever seen.
And I have seen some stuff

4 Likes

They Had Us In The First Half Not Gonna Lie GIF - They Had Us In The First Half Not Gonna Lie - Discover & Share GIFs

the landing: 0/10 :rofl:

5 Likes

giphy (95)

1 Like