Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

It’s because of all the visual AI stuff

3 Likes

He’s attacking how predatory pricing on collabs could be thanks to multiple factors, not the set itself because it is a collab

1 Like

Isolated pricing stunts aside, crap, overpriced IEMs are bad for the hobby regardless whose logo is printed.

2 Likes

I can’t control what
Campfire Audio or
Rhapsidio
or
Empire Ears or Jerry Harvey, or Acoustune amongst others do with pricing shit that sounds like 2 cats fighting to the death in a trash can rolling down a hill.

“pros”
f8ce39769359522e24a1f24055558f15

1 Like

It’s long term invest so not dumping when high but am buying when low.
Nobody in this hobby talks about Stocks? Watches, food etc…but not money making more money :thinking:

Investments are for the children…
giphy - 2024-03-02T140918.291

10 Likes

Hmm, how did I correctly guess whom this video was by before even clicking on it? :thinking:

1 Like

Stop posting this idiot who doesn’t understand anything at all.

1 Like

EVEN WORSE

Sadly he has a very good technical understanding of audio and some of his more practical analysis on ASR was inquisitive/interesting/decent (before he got banned - surprise surprise) - he just chooses to be a dick for controversial clout especially where IEMs are concerned… It’s a weird stance but he has followers who think that just saying controversial bigoted shit is a sign of intellectual freedom and coolness - they flex about as edgy as a suburban 13 year old with angsty parental issues.

7 Likes

Dude…Anyone can count several articles about sound, it’s not difficult at all!

On the other hand, it is difficult when he tried to create his own IEMs, got acquainted with driver setting up, case design and would have made his own IEM, after all this, I would have been able to understand his opinion. And so, the dude just catches a HYPE!

I called him an idiot because making fun of how he does it in reviews is very childish.

Remember, the frequency response can only show the balance of the IEM data, alas.
Which technologies the manufacturer will use in IEM will decide who is better at this business.

A Russian saying

Одно дело - говорить много, другое - говорить дело .

2 Likes

I think you may have misread the comment - I wasn’t defending him in the slightest… :man_shrugging:

But I am not sure - after being on audio forums for awhile - it seems pretty hard to find cognizant audio commentary. So even more depressing for it to be wasted on lowbrow clickbait controversy and a shithead persona for what is objectively little gain… I always hope that people that are at least coherent and at most well informed/educated would also be reasonable and self aware - sadly it is not always the case

I am not so sure I agree - we can all talk about how the hobby moves so fast but that is the illusion of a flavour of the week volume industry - like how we all fawned at planar differences when they were all using the same drivers. Most tech advancement in audio is a slow burn - throw it at the wall and hope it sticks - meme - passive radiator anyone. Quickly followed by mass iteration of a fractional improvement as most of these products originate from the same sources and have no IP protection. This industry is all marketing, production delivery and budget management. But it is impressive at what it does.

A sad reflection of modern society and how effective and widespread drama & clickbait is within the industry. But also nothing new with reviewers and why marketing here is unfortunately king.

As I said to @VIVIDICI_111 & @Jaytiss on the previous video about their Crin take - take it as a sign you have made it

Not sure @hawaiibadboy needs his commendation in the slightest either. Pretty sure Sharur isn’t validating him and he doesn’t give a shit - so just like with Daves review let’s hope it propels sales to the segment it is actually aimed.

Apologies for diverting the conversation.

6 Likes

You are smart and articulate. @Anatolyi_ZE is as well.
I think , so long as we all check our ego’s at the door…
We can discuss anything.
I think the width an scope of topics we can get into is only limited by our willingness to be the teacher or the student.
You might think you are one but end up being the other. It happens, some folks don’t like that…I’ll never get why?
I learn things from kids sometimes …it can come from anywhere.
In a hobby with no qualifications and licences really, it’s the open minded, who can teach and be taught that run the game. Whatever the game…it doesn’t matter.

9 Likes

This hobby is a fickle thing.

In full retrospect can a reviewer be blamed for a persons shitty ability to have any form of critical thinking skills or the ability to do independent research? I believe in that what a person learns at a young age is not as important as how they learn to learn. If you are not spending some serious time watching all the videos and reading all the material about whatever you are interested in then what’s the point?

There are way too many fucking variables in every ones chains and ear anatomy that make this hobby way too subjective.

From an outsider looking in, The hobby keeps getting smaller and smaller. There was a paradigm shift in viewpoints of the hobby the deeper I got in. Way too much drama, back door deals, bullshit.

Human communication is falling apart. People stopped having interpersonal skills. I hate typing or expressing myself over text. I would rather speak to you and hear the inflections in your voice on how you say the words. I want to hear the smile in your voice when you talk to me about your interests. These are the ways we build bonds.

My chaotic thought point was. Every piece of information you add as a data point just makes you a better informed individual, and not watching something or reading something because you disagree is fucking stupid.

The hobby is a villain arc. You learn enough to get out or you stay and chase your life away.

7 Likes

At a certain level is the hobby not just a big investment, especially with all the boutique high end gear.

I did analytics for portfolio management in my early 20s. Reading charts and predicting the future :rofl:

Mostly market projections on the S&P 500, RUSSEL 2000 and the DOW. The 500/2000 mirror each other so much that one could easily trade both at the same time. Currency was another big one. You would be surprised at the price fluctuations of lumber.

The current state of volatility in the markets from the past 4 years is still fucky wucky. The USA is adding around 3 Trillion in debt every year…

6 Likes
2 Likes

I usually don’t ride this train…my investment strategy typically is quite different from this foray into perceived value stocks

I’m no Kerry Packer…so most of my investments are ETFs… so when the SEC approved ETFs for trade of crypto on Jan. 10… a few days later I had to buy a ticket…couldn’t live with the ‘what if’

I’m fuckin nuts though so I took a big swing … up 23k as of today…not bad for a month and a half worth of NO WORK

Halving comes up in April…24/7…

all hands on deck…

4 Likes

very very noice!

2 Likes

I saw the Nvidia train pulling out of the station at 380…was gonna run after it but thought I’d just catch the next one…looking back…should’ve run

Fuuuuuuck

2 Likes

I thought it found it’s spot at $200 a share…wife disagreed …thankfully and bought big

3 Likes

Sometimes they’re wrong…but not according to my wife

Smart move on your part to making a decision and standing your ground

Instinct has been a key feature in my investment strategy but I typically don’t invest with my heart…but I am human so that doesn’t always hold true

1 Like

I was enjoying some listening time this weekend and came to a few conclusions that I wasn’t expecting.

After spending time with the Simgot EA500LM, I prefer the Olina SE, the stage and bass on it is just more enjoyable.

I think the Artti R1 is my current favorite under $100. - A warm leaning 3DD 2-Titanium Dome + 1-Beryllium-Plated. The $50-100 range is nuts, and I still dig the Kailua ( which was my previous pick here ), EA500, Olina SE, and others in this range, but if there was only one, this is it for me.

I am not sure, but the ZiiGaat Doscinco might have taken the top spot on my ranking list ( from the Mangird Tea and Tea 2 ).

7 Likes