Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Great story :smiley: thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Ackshually, that is a different IEM! The red one is the unreleased “NV”. (Normalized at 300Hz)

1 Like

aaah shit, got confused by the naming, thanks for clarifying!

2 Likes

Please stop, I can only get so turned on. That Graph…

3 Likes

Funny that shenzhenaudio website declined my card (tried also paypal) and tried different times today. I will retry tomorrow of course… and if is not my destiny to grab the DUSK?? :joy:

Exists another set that destroys the Dusk(bass/mids/highs) under 1000 dollars? If yes what it is in your opinion?

Penon 10th? Not sure :smiley:
New Tangzu Gate perhaps

Did you try any other retailer? Actually saw Ali has some promo codes for $ off (like $30 I believe) which applied in this case. (Grabbed it from Moondrop official store)

Yeah try AE, I got it for £255 with discount code and coins.

Probably other stores don’t give problems but the shenzhenaudio staff told me that only buying directly on their store they can pay tax and duty. If I buy from Ali I have to pay the import taxes?

Edit: also the price on Ali is much higher compared to the shenzhenaudio store price.

On the US AliE, the price was the same. I did pay sales tax but the promo code ended up making it a wash.

Happy in Manila? I’d need hypnotherapy to get that far. :wink:
Likely to get back for a visit sometime this year.
Ya’ll lose yer jobs over the golf carts?

1 Like

If you plan on using USB DSP keep trying I guess…
If you plan on only going straight cable 3.5 or 4.4 just skip.
It is a proof of concept set on how impressive and effective the usb/dsp can benefit earphones but on it’s own the treble is oddly rough and bass is unimpressive.
Supernova would be a better sub $1000 set

But again, if usb dsp is your goal then grab it. It makes the treble better and the Diffuse tilt and Bass+ profiles suit the 2 DD much better and the treble oddly smoothes out in a nice way w/ DSP
No idea why

8 Likes

Are you saying regular EQ through Wavelet does not achieve the same satisfying result as with the DSP cable?

2 Likes

That seems to be the majority opinion. The DSP is incredible, but without it, much less so.

It sort of makes me wants to play with EQ more rather than buy Dusk, I own a few top notch sets, and I have had so many QC issues with Moondrop gear.

5 Likes

Have never tried that app so cannot say

I’m glad everyone is being straight up w/ that point.
It’s a jarring difference

3 Likes

Do it! :partying_face::+1:
I think the crinacle EQ profiles for the dusk are actually a good place to start to mess around with treble and bass. Just keep the Hz and Q but adjust the dB to your liking!

3 Likes

Alternatively could try introducing a simple tilt to the the freq curve or add a single shelf / cut to suit your preference. I feel this route is generally more fool-proof and replicable than 4-6 different, relatively high Q DB adjustments

1 Like

Yeah same here!

So I will say thanks for the tuning Crin, I like it! (a lot actually :star_struck:)

@tea as you were also looking for something a bit sharper than EJ07m (you also got KL with bass boost right?), try this first, saves us a lot of money!
I personally enjoy ~1db on top at 15000Hz

Now we just need more units with full PEQ

7 Likes

Serial # 2 is mine

ric-flair

18 Likes

I probably do most of my EQ work with Peace/APO, but it has every EQ feature I can think of. On my phone I am more likely to run Wavelet than bother with the EQ on my dongle, or the one on my phone ( Samsung has a decent EQ with a custom profile ).

2 Likes