Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

@hawaiibadboy - someone posted that the new Tangzu Collab (Xuan NV) is warm and bassy and I’ve never done a faster double take then that.

2 Likes

:dove: :heart:

3 Likes

It’s coming…real busy this weekend and I gotta lock the door to my office so the wifey doesn’t intrude

That’s one nosy lady…there are no skeletons in my closet for me…as far as she knows or can tell…she thinks she does though :zipper_mouth_face:

Oh how ignorant one person can be :wink:

3 Likes

Words of wisdom that ring so true :+1::handshake:

Glad you didn´t take it as an offense!

It´s always within ourselves, that´s the first place we gotta have an eye on :slightly_smiling_face:

Peace brother!

Quick oddity. I see a lot of peeps hating on Hades because of the treble and I have to say I massively agree within the first 6 seconds.

After that this set has a weird fuckin demon magic ritual because it fits my ear like a glove after that. This and the Plutus Beast are two sets that my ears go from “they suck, listening anymore and you’d better consider the rope instead” to “I’d kill to keep this forever”

In conclusion, I love this sucker and I dunno why

4 Likes

I have become a Plutus Beast Devotee. I can’t put my finger on why, and to be perfectly honest I’m more than willing to stay ignorant as to the source of its allure (much like the wife). It is now one of the trio of IEMs that rock my world.

2 Likes

For me it’s the concept of absolutely getting lost in music when I put em on. People said the soundstage was average but for some reason my ears find em alluring, it’s dauntless perfection no matter what I throw at them.

Everything else I got isn’t even close to my ears. I gotta buy it again soon. Especially now they got the blue and gold variant on Amazon

I may be buying an extra set to keep in case my pair breaks.
Like you I find them utterly immersive. They even manage to gain listening time over my Quintets.

1 Like

Who? Where? How? :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I refunded my Quintets, those suckers are the perfect example of vanilla to my ears. They were so good but since they’re what I expect IEMs to be, I ended up getting bored with em

2 Likes

$79
$70 if pre-ordered

Tangzu x HBB Xuan Nv

9 Likes

11 Likes

That looks so badass, man!

4 Likes

I’ll have a vid tomorrow maybe unbox 1st and my bias as fuck opinion next

100% going to Canjam Singapore next year.
It’s a 7hr flight from Tokyo
Bring Kai and wife who can shop while I work the room.
Just saw Crin awkward departure from iann fann and laughed my ass off.
I gotta go see that. And 7Hr flight is easy.
N.Y. is like 150 hrs…fuck thaaaaaat

12 Likes

What conviced you? The fatfreq prototype? ian fann said “amazing” more than one time listening them :grin: 4k dollars limited edition for few lucky guys.

4 Likes

As soon as they met I was waiting for the awkward “see ya later” moment…and it delivered. :rofl:

Linsoul send a mail and said they saw Timmy at Hifigo table and… :face_in_clouds:
It’s only 7 hours flight time, and my wife and kid can go shopping and I’ll fly with Timmy. Easy.
Singapore had a better vibe tomy eyes and ears.
N.Y. looked like chaos and stress and that plus flight time…not interested at all.
Singapore?
That’s so close. Lotta folks I’d like to meet are in that area too so it just makes too much sense.
Yeah I sent FF a mail and reserved a set once it is finalized.
I’m paying for it too. I like supporting companies I respect.
That’s why I bought a Titan

12 Likes

Lmao what :joy:

2 Likes

The breakaway is the hardest to nail.
And if someone wanted their guest to be on tape they’d introduce em’
The better moment is Timmy not knowing who he is, listening to DaVinci , evaluating it in moments and rec’ing on the spot.
That’s exactly why folks who sent him stuff…do it less recently.

7 Likes

i think i know exactly what you mean, our brains adjust to almost any type of tuning after a while even if the tuning is flawed. Here is what i found recently, so i have a pair of HD560S that i got two years ago and they are pretty damn good, neutral but they can get a bit too bright and hars on certain songs.

8 months ago i got into chifi and for the last 5 months or so ive been listening exclusively to chifi iems. Two days ago i was in the mood for some netflix and i said to myself ‘‘lets take the old Hd560S out of the drawer, its been some time’’ so i put them on and i played the Fight Club movie and ow boy i totally forgot how these sounded, they blew my mind, the sharp stereo imaging, the soundstage, the separation, it felt amazing i was in a theater.
After the movie i did some AB testing between my chifi sets and the Hd560S and the fricking chifi sounded like a mushy mess, that mushy mess i was listening for the last 5 months and thought it was good, ignorance is bliss i guess lol. (i know that is not fair comparing heapdhones to iems but you get the idea)

My point is that if you listen exclussively to a set like the Hades in the end you will adjust to it and you will like it… but after a while if you switch back to something more correct more neutral you will probably have the same revelation and be shocked how bad they sound lol

1 Like