Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Variations is my favorite set with EST and I find my variations to be super super smooth with no shoutiness. Will scrub through my playlist to see if I encounter shoutiness now that I’m more familiar with the hobby

With that in mind, the worries are Volare and Vari being too similar, so redundancy

Mega5Est, I don’t really have any thoughts on it. It’s like a blank slate for me. I’ll see maybe if I can find a way to hear them both at some point.

Leaning towards Mega5, but Volare is pretty and I’m dumb

Btw what did you find better on the mega5 over Vari? Just that it’s not as peaky?

1 Like

It wasn’t a lack of sparkliness it just sounded a bit shouty at times and would sometimes make me wince. I get that we all have different levels of sensitivity to different frequencies.

Other than that the variations were really nice.

I find the Mega5est to just be a bit more balanced and refined sounding with a bigger sound stage. Again, I’m not saying this is fact, just what I hear. To me the Mega5est is a step up on the variations.

The Volare graphs very similarly to the Variations but I don’t know how similar they sound. You’d have to ask someone else, who’s heard both.

3 Likes

If I was early in the hobby I’d have bought mega5est from your words alone but knowing how different everything is to our ears, makes this hobby crazy difficult.

Everything you described is what I encountered in Project M, Variations was so smooth to me, it’s my I just wanna drown in music set.

Either way, I’m sure to maybe at some point grab one or the other, or both if I sell my PC lol

2 Likes

If you find the variations smooth and not shouty at all, you might well find the Mega5est a bit dull and unexciting. In which case the Volare might well be the better option for you.

We all have our preferences after all, that’s what it’s all about - finding what agrees with you the most.

5 Likes

Yeah I was worried that would be the problem for the mega, just the concept of it’s good but my ears want something more obnoxious.

Gonna lock in Volare in this fight for now

Look at these pretty ones!
Shanling ME600 & M5 Ultra

9 Likes

Hey seeing how you love variations have you considered the Monarch??

3 Likes

the one thing I’m worried about monarch is shell size, I’d say Variations isn’t the worst but I do feel it

I’m looking Volare at some point but I can pivot to Monarch if it’s that much better

the hard fight is between V2 or V3

2 Likes

That’s a quadbrid…
That is crazy

18 Likes

OMG that looks sweet!

5 Likes

Crazy what a good company can do with a good in house tuner…who ever he/she or they are…wow
Looks crazy nice too.

7 Likes

Yoooo, what even is this price point?

1 Like

@ToneDeafMonk will probably know before I do…he got that cable loooong time ago.
I’m not sure/have no idea.
Besides having Linsoul getting me stuff fast I am not close to Simgot direct communications wise

3 Likes

Okay , I missed something…what IEM is that? I’m in

4 Likes

This is a hell of a set…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UftaqT874fA

4 Likes

Oriolus Monachaa?
Simgot Supermix 4.

That’s the Supermix 4 quadbrid by Simgot
Lotta companies have trouble putting DD and BA together well
These guys are on the next level
And the company was a mess just 2 years ago
One of the wilder turnarounds I have ever seen
Actually have seen nothing like it

I saw your rankings
If I ranked Jupiter it would only be behind Canpur and Maestro GM
That’s a beast set, glad it was sent to you. I can ask linsoul for a discount if you ever wanna buy.

11 Likes

Looks like they were shooting for your target :thinking:
Not sure I’m sold on that driver config but a bunch of people seemed to like the quintet.

4 Likes

My target is actually below without the compensation to match IEF applied

Still close though

7 Likes

Supermix, that cable looks badass with that faceplate and squig. Just wow. 150-300 or so? Could be a winner depending.

I feel like Simgot has been waiting, training to mess up the market yet again. Exciting company for sure. I love wildcards, and underdogs that use creativity in the market. It’s a refreshing approach where each product is focused on improving on feedback. They get some hate, but people can’t deny they had a great 2023, and their 2024 items are just getting started.

Thanks for the offer of a discounted Jupitier. I might take you up sometime. Still loving the GM at the moment. It gets a lot of time.

6 Likes