Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

The FF HBB is definitely the one I’m looking out for, especially now I’ve learned for the Pilgrim noir shenanigans

5 Likes

I thought it was just a added cable and another BA? And black for the changes to Pilgrim.

1 Like

1 Like

Those guys must have honestly done a shit tonne of drugs to do that show. Or I can imagine they did.

1 Like

whisper in my ear…

I want ringside seats…

1 Like

where no man has gone before…

4 Likes

FF x HBB collab is on my priority list. Probably as high up there as the Maestro Mini (which I’ll get a chance to demo and will either pick up ASAP to replace the Legato or I’ll hold out for the collab).

I actually have the Xuan NV coming in (should be here this week) that I’m going to listen and maybe even do a write up review on H-F. Excited to add that to my collection and may buy a red Xinhs cable to go with it.

My Dusk is coming in… whenever. Will consider doing a write up of that too.

I have a pair of Moondrop S8’s coming in that are second hand so I’ll be able to compare them to the Kato and maybe the Dusk whenever that comes in.

Not to mention SJY Horizon (headphones). I think I’m going to have to tap out for a bit, lol

8 Likes

If I lived close I would have pestered you to let me hear maestro lol

I heard it’s tuned differently so I was interested in maybe even buying both at some point but I don’t know yet, it’s looking like the cable goes with it and I gotta pay 300 more.

Bro really, I’d rather just not buy anything from them then lol

That’s scarlet mini territory

2 Likes

Haha, I’d be totally cool with that. My wife rolls her eyes when these things come through but knows it’s a passion hobby for me. If you find yourself somehow in the middle of Cali :beer:

2 Likes

Honestly all the cool stuff for sale is in Cali, NY gets shafted lol

2 Likes

laughing-clapping

Cool
I like the Cinco much more than the Doscinco

10 Likes

the 5/3 using Timothy’s graph looks more like a classic Thie curve up to about 5k

whereas my 2/5 doesn’t have the cleaned up lower mids like the 5/3

are your tastes changing into a more clinical tune that Thie seems to be pushing and which I seem to have endoctrinated

1 Like

.[quote=“Toecutter, post:8492, topic:36809”]
are your tastes changing
[/quote]
I was starting to think the same …Hbb’s preference shifting, or expanding a bit…

1 Like

I was thinking that when he leaned Cincotres over Doscinco ( Chris has always liked the bass tuck ), but his new collab, the Tangzu Nv, is a bigger divergence.

I am still into my first impressions on the Nv, but not quite what I expected and good are my first thoughts. It has bass and sub-bas, but recessed would be how I describe it. To my ears it seems like a brighter version of the Ziigaat Cinno ( which is a criminally under-rated set ).

I have been listening to flatheads lately, and the sound stage on IEMs seem flat by comparison. – It has to be said, “Riku was right”.

Also @hawaiibadboy you might let the Tangzu folks know they should look at the packaging, maybe something under the earpieces. Mine were in the bottom of the case, sitting on the eartips, but they were a bit scuffed from rattling around. They still look amazing, and I don’t need anything, just a heads-up to maybe save some returns.

4 Likes

To that.

7 Likes

maybe because the transducer sits at the entrance to the ear canal so the SWv’s are not directly fed to the cochlea but rather bounce off the interior walls before they enter the inner ear drum

I don’t know…so I think I’ll just go down to the local Gas & Sip and hang out

1 Like

Alright…alright…alright…I’ll hate myself in the morning but I’ll do it…buds…holy shit I can’t believe I’m buying buds

they just look so ehhhhh…you know…limp

5 Likes

Good…

and you know it…

but you won’t when they arrive :speaker::notes::drum::trumpet::musical_score: :+1:

Oh I do agree with this though…

:nerd_face: :smile:

3 Likes

That is so fucking Boston it’s fucking crazy…that finish is classic

6 Likes

In the meantime, I’m practicing applying polish. White stripes of fluorescent pigment.

13 Likes