Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Casey… :rofl:

1 Like

Start with the Yincrow X6 and the Qian39.

5 Likes

That would be the sensible and logical approach but I’m not too sure how @Toecutter rolls regarding this? lol

3 Likes

Those 2 are the general default recs for iem people coming to try buds so should be safe.

2 Likes

I agree - @Toecutter aim higher you won’t regret it - even the most high end buds are relatively cheap (save a few) and the $100-200 range will guaranteed impress. If you are a relatively stationary listener buds are the way… If not or you have a noisey/nagging family member IEMs take it…:man_shrugging:

I mean @Rikudou_Goku is right those are the starter recs for fit but THE @Toecutter doesnt need kid gloves and a warm up :joy:

4 Likes

Stop being nice, sensible & helpful rec’ing other peoples buds :joy::joy::joy:
RUTHLESS RIKUBUDS IN 2024

2 Likes

Indeed.

BuyRikuBuds

7 Likes

He’s like a drug dealer, X6 and Qian39 are the cheap gateway drug.

4 Likes

Do Rikubuds come with a stylish carrying case ?

Seriously…rec me a set with expansive stage and volumetric foundation .i.e mid-bass

or the most obnoxious set he produces

6 Likes

Pretty sure all Rikubuds come with a case now, and I don’t think he’s ever made anything that would qualify as “obnoxious” but the Grand Berserker 2 is probably his most bombastic (and a basshead bud to boot). You COULD always be adventurous and go for something from The Rikubox, which he describes as “You get a random bud that I made during my R&D phase that did no make the cut into the official lineup”. Probably depends on what he has on hand for that one, though.

2 Likes

Saber 3, or wait for Berserker 3.

This is the case for non-grand models:

Case for grand (or multiple buds):

11 Likes

screenshot-forum.hifiguides.com-2024.04.24-10_40_44

cupid-arrow

Wait…so your saying most of the simping is systematic and run from the very top.
kramer-seinfeld

18 Likes

For those not in the know.

ISN, PENON, TSMR, Sound Rhyme

9 Likes

Only way to stop younguns from getting squeezed directly and without doubt…is to out the companies who do it brazenly.

Worse…some of the newer youtubers don’t even touch it as they wanna protect their pipeline while their schtik…their litteral unique angle is being outsider zero fucks given new breeds

“Why do companies do that”

Cuz they can…and most don’t say shit about it.

14 Likes

Sound Rhyme is not a sister brand or owned by Penon. They are essentially an OEM company, which produces IEMs for Penon and ISN in return for advertisement. I know Chi Kong Hui pushes their products, but speaking to SR directly, tells me the owner has a different approach

I know they produce IEMs for a few other semi-popular chifi brands also

8 Likes

I really don’t get this…

If you’re a reviewer, then you review, that’s your job and that job is to give a personal unbiased appraisal of what you are reviewing is it not…good, bad or otherwise?
Asking a food reviewer who’s tried a restaurant and found the food to be uninspiring, bland and the beer warm not to publish their review is a crass error of judgement IMHO and if I was reviewing I would be adding that request as a postscript to further highlight the inadequacies of said establishment or company. Bullying reviewers ultimately gets you an even worse rep and expecting that you’ll please all the people all the time, is a lesson learned at school ffs.

18 Likes

my i ask why? many people were expecting a Doscinco review form you but it never came.

1 Like

Berserker 3 it shall be…ETA

5 Likes

The pipeline for Sound Rhyme is still bieng pushed through Penon and as such under the influence of Mr. Hui

If he tells reviewers not to publish reviews that are not perfect how much does that effect the percieved brand image for the positive and sku’s the system of fair feedback.

Pile on top of that he has paid people on HeadFi to shill everything and I mean everything including pigtail cables that will magically alter the universe.

So unless doesn’t want to be guilty by association then I would suggest they find a new venue of distribution.

7 Likes

Can’t speak for the Berserker 3 but S3 is dope and my fav bud for most of my library :+1:

7 Likes