Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

“Customized” BA from a $4000 set
atleast it’s Knowles, but that price is double or more what a manufacturer w/license would pay
maybe $5-7 for the company that buys
Those margins

nope-yes

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I also have this question, what is the number of times they make a profit? I’m not talking about KZ and other companies, KZ does a very good job, and cheapens its product and makes a profit with a lot of sales. Here is the same Noble audio, they certainly make beautiful IEMs, I do not argue, but they use cheap BA, and in some models it is not even known what they put there and sell from 2.5 to $. and then what is the difference between KZ and Noble audio, that some made premium packaging and finishing and that’s it) Although KZ is the most unkillable IEM that I know)

Then be kind enough to put expensive drivers in expensive models, then it will be clear to the person for what he gave this money, but no! we don’t care about people, let them buy, and we will earn. I’m sorry that I may be thinking too aggressively, and maybe I’m putting the commas wrong.

1 Like

Labour cost

Like you said, KZ and budget sets employ some of the same exact components but the business model is radically different.

per unit profit is sacrificed for volume sales ( small piece of many many pies v.s. big piece of 1 pie)

KZ burned me and my fans…twice.
That is something they gotta hold and can’t excuse
But when people say KZ ba timbre/tambre is bad they are projecting their bias
The BA quality is on par w/ some expensive sets that use Bellsing and the like
The DD in KZ are SUPERIOR to the DD in Empire ears and many companies
Magnet voice coil motor structure (DD) puts a premium on magnet quality and strength
It’s basic part of how DD work and how some are audible better than others.
Stronger magnet is better in nearly all instances of VC/MAG design

I’ll post a pic of some DD’s from famous Summit fi sets with virtually no magnet and low excursion surrounds…and how much they cost on Alibaba cuz you can easily identify em.
This hobby is a hustle
That’s why nobody wants to get into the weeds on this,…their favorite set might be a king with no clothes

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.07.23-12_24_44_2 (3)
All the components in that set are below $100 total and I know that specific driver (DD)
It has a weak mag. It’s very very cheap

8 Likes

And yet, I do not cancel the fact that “more expensive does not mean better” I can say that the Sonion drivers is a larger size, but I am not 100% sure about this.

3 Likes

Canpur is only set in my Top 10 that clearly identifies the internals.
You doing same thing is a smart move
If someone says item “X” has better bass I’d like to know the components in that other set so we can all help educate one another
Internal components combined equall the quality of the overall product in Phones, TV’s…everything
Earphones are no different
Just the level of hustle in personal audio is unique…kinda like abstract art
You can apparently appreciate it…or not

8 Likes

Thanks for keeping it real. Good Guy good audio reviews? Hawaiigoodguy? Eh I wouldn’t go that far… s

Thanks for engaging with everyone. I appreciate it all. <3

6 Likes

What a smart guy woulda said:
*Kai is gonna love that
*Enjoy that Osaka omiyage
P.S. There are $9000 worth of earphones under the sweets
Me?
Just right into…yeah cool hey that box has expensive stuff and also enjoy that cake :melting_face:
It’s not cake bruh…

giphy32

@Timmy-Gizaudio
Thank you bro
Kai will be stoked and my lady clearly is. :heart: :ok_hand:

17 Likes

Before I started this hobby, I asked @BASS_0Range him what drivers he uses, he didn’t answer, and that upset me. Well, you can understand him too, but still…It’s a business.

2 Likes

Fiio FA19 installed a dual HODVTEC-32951-000 from Knowles, which is weaker than Sonion, but what if I also use a paired Sonion 38D1XJ00 7Mi/8a and tune one to sub bass and the other to mid? Hm… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/914723.html

2 Likes

Wow, following this convo is super interesting. Thanks guys. So what I’m hearing is that if I’m gonna spend $$$ on a set I should be making sure the components themselves are legit. Didn’t know the quality of stuff differs so much.

6 Likes

Tbf, tuning in the end still matters more as you can have all the premium drivers that you want but if you cant tune for shit then its gonna end up bad.

1 Like

You would expect that if you were buying a
Smartphone
TV
Tablet
Car
Bike
Graphics card
Camera
Really anything that has competition and uses specs as an angle to get you to buy from them and not their rival and if that spec jump is minimal they go to war with prices.

They won’t go to war over pricing or components…like literally EVERY OTHER item in consumer electronics because they are all kinda connected via canjams, relationships and being part of the hustle.
DAP’s are excluded from this because they do and must share everything
Storage
screen type
SOC
DAC(s)
Filters
OS’s
Caps
resistors
etc

IEM and Headphones…mostly IEM
Absolute clownshow
200w (32)

The latest FiiO is like the Letshuoer DZ4 fake passive radiator
(Atleast they are showing the drivers so props for that but…)
The FiiO is a tubed closed circuit set
All the drivers are tubed to the stem.
For tuning or dampener value tuning.
The chambering of low freq to back volume is for what? Negative feedback Bass enhancement

Negative…feedback…Bass…enhancement

gun-shoot-me

That set is vented…

So it is venting the rear chamber
There are no extra tubes to port that to your ear
So…?
without the backend schematic it makes no sense, like the whole idea…seems like a cool term from 10+ years ago but in practical use in an IEM venting the bass BA to the open rear chamber is doing what?
and it is getting into your ear how?

Crazy hobby.
But props for mentioning the drivers

8 Likes

Yo anyone following the Drake vs Kendrick stuff, shit is crazy Drake is getting murdered :skull:

Kendrick really just threw out a septuple entendre with the the title alone on 6:16 in LA

Drake don’t respond, don’t do it bro

8 Likes

Damn Kendrick. The man has a family. Why you leave him eviscerated like that?

Even Nas left a body, after Ether…

3 Likes

3 Likes

LMAO HAHAHA noooooo

DRAKE RESPONDED… and it’s PRETTY FIRE

THE HEAT’S ON KENDRICK NOW :fire:

EDIT:

OMG KENDRICK DROPPED AGAIN WITHIN AN HOUR

5 Likes

I’m a firm believer that bad timbre is a function of tuning, and not about type of driver.

KZ ZSN Pro X (hybrid) had really bad to timbre. JVC FDX-1 (1DD) had very metallic timbre.

Now: what I mean by timbre I mean how realistic the instrument are replayed.
When I hear ppl describe timbre as warm or smooth… it drives me nuts

2 Likes