Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

How does it sound eq’d to IE600’s FR? :thinking:

1 Like

I think the chambering is different too let me see if I can find some more info. They really keep their stuff hidden

2 Likes

What I got from Senns reps comments was that it uses a different driver that’s constructed using that same “true response” xwb tech. Also, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the ie900 uses a unique acoustic chamber tech and that, while the 200/300/600 use chambers, they don’t feature the same multi-chamber system, but I’ll have to see if I can track down where I read that to see if it was somewhere credible.

4 Likes

Here are the details. In summary:

• Slightly different drivers using the same transducer tech
  • IE200 uses an frequency absorber vs 300 which is a single resonator, 600 is dual resonator design and 900 is a triple resonator design
  • Milling process and damping is different across all
  • 6 Hz - 20,000 Hz frequency response for the IE200 vs 4 - 46,500 for 600 and I think also the 900
6 Likes

Nice! I was just starting to pull some posts, but it looks like you got it covered. Thanks for the info! That tracks with what I picked up tangentially anyways.

It’ll be interesting to hear ie200 actually sounds. I have heard the 300, 600, and 900 and they all have pretty distinct voicing and seem like their tunings are aimed at different audiences. Based on that graph above, I would think I might like the 200, but based on Chris’ comments it sounds like they might be a bit subpar on the technicalities front which is unfortunate as I often find that tunings that stick that close to neutrality generally need good technical performance to back it up and make the IEM work. Sometimes more colored tunings can cover lesser technical performance a bit in a way that mire neutral profiles can’t, for me anyways.

2 Likes

yep, it seems like Sennheiser is in the process of developing a house sound that started with the IE600. They are discontinuing the IE300 in favor of the IE200. It does look a bit too neutral to me and Im not surprised the techs aren’t the same as the IE600. It would be good to know if the techs are worth the price tag because the tuning is not particularly unique as you stated

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected them to have the same technical performance as the 600 since they seem to be shooting for a lower price bracket and that would cannibalize their ie600 sales (it would be nice though). I would just be hoping for competitive techs for their price range and based off Chris’ comments it sounds like that’s not the case. I’ll still be interested to hear it myself if I get the chance, though.

3 Likes

Thanks man. putting that in my vid :call_me_hand: :notes:

1 Like

Sounds good! Btw I updated some words I got wrong just in case you were going by my summary

3 Likes
6 Likes

Good points made I have the ie300 which only cost me £110 in amazon sale plus the IE 600 the 600 is excellent the 300 is OK as a beater set I feel no compunction to try the 200

1 Like

Thanks for the call-out! It looks like you called out some of the info I misspoke so I’ll update below in case you want to add a comment on the video

• The IE200 has something they call a frequency absorber, not an acoustic chamber like I said previously
  • The IE900 has a triple resonator design instead of a quad one

I know a lot of people watch your vids and I don’t want you getting called out for bad info I gave you, sorry!

5 Likes

Thanks,
But it has no bearing on my opinion and it is an edit I can text and pin in comment section.
All DD sets have an “acoustic chamber” single and dual brake etc. Drivers gotta breathe.

Clearly it is not on the level of the 600 IMO (which I like better than the 900)
Tuning?
I said Senn had a big advantage in QA/QC but have since learned the IE300 was something of a train rec in that area as have other senns. It all evens out.
Cable is $15 chi fi set lvl or worse.
SQ is less detailed than many chifi sets at same price.
It is just earphones made by a famous company which gives it an aura that I cannot appreciate cuz I don’t care.
Some sets get put under microscopes and others get less scrutiny.

I was very kind to this set tbh.

7 Likes

Damn check you dad :smile:

3 Likes

totally. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t getting any flack on the terminology Senn uses due to me not double checking stuff.

Yeah I have heard this too and I also had QC issues on my first IE600 where the connector on the bud was shorting out. The difference is the warranty channels with Senn are much better than what you get with chifi. Also their cables and tips are garbage. Idk how they still send out IEMs with them.

I really appreciated your review because it seems like everything that has come out about them has been glowing.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
I am Dad mellowing. :innocent:

https://streamable.com/dilcr0

Oh no doubt. I’m sure Senn doesn’t ask folks to take vids to support a customer claim. :skull:

10 Likes

Ain’t you just bruh…welcome to the next level :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

My boy arrived 29 years ago and changed me from a hard-core hedonist to full time dad. Strange how a tiny hand gripping your finger can relay so much love and turn your life around. Cherish every moment. They grow up so fast!!!

11 Likes

My son loved the hungry caterpillar when he was younger, such beautiful memories. I’m blessed that I still remember them, I hope they never go away. Take millions of photos, man, trust me.

Have an amazing day, brother :handshake:

6 Likes

also videos. Its easy to forget how they sound through the years

3 Likes