Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

4 of those are from Tin Hifi…

I don’t have one but thinking about it.

The movement has begun…

3 Likes

That’s the teacher in you speakin’, nice! :grin:

1 Like

3 Likes

I like Harmonicdyne headphones and Athena was my favorite Greek god. I really hope this doesn’t suck!

2 Likes

Senn buys cables from BLON I’m guessing?
I would trash this cable on a chifi set sooo…

10 Likes

Pretty gosh darn neutral, huh? Lacking that bass is a no go for me but I’m sure the techs are pretty decent. Looking forward to the video, Chris :metal:

3 Likes

That’s Chris’ target, not neutral. But if Chris did anything besides rec it, I’d fall over

Need someone to catch you :sweat_smile:

The smaller driver? 30% smaller than a typical set (10mm) is like 45mm heaphone v.s. a 50mm…bass is poilite.

I heard it is same driver as ie600?
if so it likes that tuning better (the driver) or my ears…or a mix of both

Senn and Chifi head to head…good times.
Too bad chifi will always be hobled by QC :melting_face:

5 Likes

Guess I used the incorrect verbiage then. Below IEF neutral in the upper mids + bass and treble boost.

I think we all need someone to catch us, some time :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

We were just talking about finding the many ways to climb this hill and ie600 was a set like that IMO while 200 is a typical/ish tuning and now in comp with a lot of chifi stuff.
If not for the QC reality I would go hard on this till the end credits but whatever I say I gotta admit that senn is solid and consistent and that alone is a big sell point.

5 Likes

You are right about that. Speaking of that: You graphed, but never did a video on the SIMGOT en100, even after giving the ea500 some love in a video.

What were your thoughts about both of those Simgot sets, after you had any more time with them?

1 Like

I gotta try the tuning thing. It has a filter or something iirc? I got em both nearby. I’ll give em a fresh listen with a more clear and open mind :call_me_hand: :notes:

2 Likes

The EA500 has nozzle filters. The EN500 has tuning plugs (seemingly like impedance adapters).

I’m wondering about EN1000 because it chooses to boost mid-treble instead of the air region like the ie600. Wonder how bad that decision is

1 Like

I read it is the same driver as in IE600 and even IE900 which makes the huge price differences quite interesting :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve been reading conflicting info on the driver. Some marketing claims it’s “the same” true response 7mm driver but the rep over at head fi just said it’s using the same see driver tech but it’s a different driver so :man_shrugging:

So basically IE 200 is a “baby IE 600”?If so, considered its price, seems like a decent one

1 Like

So chamber is same but driver is diff…interesting.
Was not an IE900 fan but love 600. This 200 does not sound as clear as the 600 but it’s driver? Tuning? Both?

1 Like