Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I’m really curious to see how good those monitors actually are.

Clean, dry, lacking in air but getting it back in good res/SQ at it’s price point.
They look nice too

Ultimate rebranding beating to stone cold death.

soulworker-lily

8 Likes

What would really help me get off the fence, is if the Shimin Li Encounter came in a “Crosby Sweater” variant. Maybe that’s all that’s lacking from the overall appeal for me.

9 Likes

When will these go on sale, HBB? Your review got me rather interested

2 Likes

love the work you are doing!

By end of month I think. :notes: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

My take on the TRI StarRiver
Sorry long read I wanted to get this right and needed time to clear my head space.

5 Likes

good luck to all

So… this happened just now. Fell to the floor :broken_heart:

(They still work, I just have to find a way to glue it back safely with no spillage)

3 Likes

It’s not the first time such a thing happen with thieaudio, sadly.
I know it’s partly how they manage to show their low price, but chifi companies really should get their QA/QC in check.

3 Likes

That’s not exactly a QC violation… IEMs (especially ones where the faceplate is glued on) aren’t designed to fall to the floor.
If you want an IEM where the faceplate randomly falls off I suggest you look at the Moondrop Blessing 2 and Variations :+1:

7 Likes

That sucks.
Use a silicon caulk and let sit overnight.
I have had caps pop off and nozzles snap when changing tips on other brands. I have been lucky not to drop stuff. Just jinxed myself right there :melting_face:

3 Likes
7 Likes

What would be a good replacement for the Fearless S8F but for less money??
Thought these might do it but looking closer, i doubt it.

1 Like

Not sure right off hand but I always liked the S6 Rui best of the all BA Fearless sets.
What on earth happened to that company??

1 Like

Didn’t GS Audio make their sets anyway as the OEM ? GS started selling sets and killed its own dealers. I could be wrong here correct me if I am. :thinking:

2 Likes

I do feel like there’s no advantage to paying a “Fearless” premium for sets (Barcelona, Provence) even if they’re already well priced, if GS Audio sells chimeras for less, and overall people are happy with GS Audio tuning… perhaps at least as many as get along with different Fearless models, and especially for the price.

I think I’ve interpreted the narrative the same way you have, with Fearless dropping way back in prominence and number of releases ever since it was more or less confirmed that GS Audio are the OEM and started getting some great reviews themselves.

3 Likes

Come to think of it…that was correct. Once an exclusive non compete agreement expired (Western market) it was GS taking what was theirs and offering it cheaper.

The OEM in this hobby eclipses even the most wildest of imaginations/Conspiracy theorists.
It’s bigger than they imagine.

Cost saving (factory floor, manpower,)

2 Likes

I’ve long wondered about Fearless as well. I have the S8Fs and loved/used them much but when looking for upgrades they offered nothing new. I’ve not used the S8Fs since I bought the UM Mest MKii.

1 Like