Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Apparently fried my 1st set with a Dethonray amp/Dac and finally got replacement.
Gotta do a “No earphone left behind” vid

9 Likes

Finally! Btw sorry for my ignorance, but daps can break iems? I don’t own any dap for now(maybe in future) , but I’m m scared at this point.

Not gonna lie, it going in a “no earphone left behind” vid doesn’t sound too promising :disappointed_relieved:

i think something shorted inside the 3.5…it happened to 2 earphones. I got unlucky

It’s a good thing. Stuff i am late to or got delayed but must have a video.
7 outta 10 things I get…never gets a vid.

3 Likes

Reassuring words! Goes to show how much work must be put in that is never shown to the public. Suppose it’s similar to DJing, where people assume it’s just showing up and playing some records.

Look forward to the vid!

2 Likes

And probably, nay likely, worse for some brands. On that topic, I was impressed to see another KZ sneak through the HBB DMZ.

Also my wife borrowed my QKZ x HBB and I am never getting those back. That is a big two thumbs up in this house. She even likes it for all that disco she listens too. I have to remember to put one of those in the cart on my next order.

6 Likes

I gave mine to a work colleague who’s not into audio gear. To see her smile, feet tapping whilst listening to her favourite songs was a delight. They are excellent!!

4 Likes
7 Likes

So, still early for full impressions, but I just wanted to touch on this description: I agree with this. “Contact” by Daft Punk is a very busy track with a bass impact of the kick drum, a bass guitar on the back, some mids of a keyboard, and a lot of high from the chimbal.

Handling all this alone is quite the feat, and EA500 did it, even if not perfectly. Comparing it with the Timeless (very unfair), while the planar gives air and detail, almost a sparkle to the highs, it also emphasis them. Meanwhile the EA500 kind levels everyone in the same stage, even of you kind of loose that sweet air from this “noise-like” sound of the “UFO”. Also, both have nice slam for the bass, but the EA500 feel more tactile than the Timeless.

I’m overall satisfied, so thanks HBB and everyone that helped. This hype train is very real, this seems great for the price.

(All this impressions with the red nozzle).

7 Likes

Thanks for the trust. :notes: :call_me_hand:
great set. They got a budget set coming so I hope they can sprinkle some magic down the price bracket

1 Like
1 Like

I want to hold out for Cobalt Thorium G drivers.

3 Likes

IMG_20230323_033511

Dear Letshuoer:
Can you guys make something without fucking it up?

facepalm-annoyed

8 Likes

Demo of a 2/DD set that is open back on both drivers…

6 Likes

Sounds like my dream IEM haha.

I’m not sold, but I’m not out either…

1 Like

14 Likes

Yeah I’m not touching their stuff. They are in the same realm as KZ for me in that trust in them is forever lost barring some sort of apology for past performance and plan for future improvements.

2 Likes

if anything its worse for them since they are priced so much higher than KZ…you kinda expect more from that.

4 Likes

Talking about Letshuoer?