Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Makes me appreciate the Canons even more which seem like a steal compared to these. I know I’m not the target market for these but these are about 1000 bucks more than the canon, for what maybe 5-10% “better” sound subjectively? Thank god for low price to entry with budget fi sets for us mere mortals

9 Likes

When elmo enters his view it is like the crowd popping for a prime John Cena

13 Likes

Easy no go for me with that 4k-5k peak. Mahina is where it’s at and happy to stay with it.

2 Likes

Makes sense. The ultras are for the people who thought Moonlight/Mahina was too dark

1 Like

Yep, I bet I would really like the ultra although not at that price…

3 Likes

…that just sounds like a normal coating?

Yet Yanyin decides to keep the same name and add ULTRA so stupid completely different tuning. Not too many thinkers over there. Between all of them they have 3 creative brain cells!

For such a ridiculous price increase, there better be some sort of incentive or reasoning as to why they thought to double the price? The tuning looks decent, that’s for sure. The 5k peak like Mags said is a bit … strange. I don’t mind boosted treble, or upper mids to some degree, but I don’t really gravitate towards peaks and valleys, ya know? If a treble is boosted and smooth, great, I think that could be done well, but when I see random peaks like at 5k, I sit here and question the tuning choices.

Idk, I don’t know a damn think about tuning so maybe I’m just talking out of my ass :clown_face:

2 Likes

The 5K peak is kinda reminiscent of the CRA

1 Like

But there’s a whole TWO more ESTs in it!!!

3 Likes

That’s absolutely hilarious how two sets that are galaxies apart in terms of price have such similar graphs. What a time to be alive …

That’s what we’re talking about, baby!!! Slam those ESTs in there :smiling_imp: (and then also double the price) :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Didn’t realize this. I already thought the EST treble was well implemented. Does adding another set of ESTs and some switches really cost that much extra. I know there’s RD and all the other stuff but, they still choice it to be a Moonlight. So if a Moonlight MKII ever drops will it now be $1,200? By the charts the tuning looks different enough I think they should have used an entirely different name. Seems like a dirty move to me and them trying to ride the coat tails of a somewhat successful set.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Graphs are important.
Great for promotion.

Unless they look like ass (got no treble / Gobs of Bass )

Then graphs are over emphasised, leaned on, don’t tell the whole story.
“Nothing beats a good listen”

akinaukwa-nollybabes

Guy: “Saw that graph, pulled the trigger”
Also Guy : “Meh, graphs are over empasized, trust your ears”
And Guy: “Yikes on that graph, hard pass”

7 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Have you looked at the Sound Rhyme SR5?

1 Like

No, I have not seen it but that name rigns a bell

2 Likes

Might beinterested in redo on a server from scratch. Music themed in appearance and reactions and all that.

Not sure if I am missreading …if so…just ignore :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll pass for now.
Too busy. But maybe in the future :notes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I would be down, my daughter was going to help me but if your willing I would ever so greatfull?

1 Like