Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Seems like a banger at the price. What’s the fit like? Is the nozzle anything like the Khan(which I love the fit on) or is it shorter? I took a look at the pictures on the Linsoul website but it’s a bit hard to tell depending on the angle.

1 Like

I can put up some profile pics under good light tomorrow. Fit is good. not too short. Mele/Aria/Olina/KL kinda fit :v:

2 Likes

I would have named it Blon Musk though.

7 Likes

Hold Me Back GIF - Hold Me Back - Discover & Share GIFs

Went in for the $1 discount reservation card (so if I go though with this, discount is really $4, but it’s a good starting price anyway).

Hoping 8k fares well but a shade less even at 5k than the Serial may actually be better for me FR wise. I’d be interested in speed/staging/layering and of course the hardest part to mimic or surpass, the sub/mid bass feel.

Oh no just saw the angled connector on the cable. If it’s anything like other fits I’m used to, regardless of how nice the cable itself is for texture/looks/jack it will be have to be dead to me while I use something with a straight end. Can’t stand the look or feel of angled plastic endings.

7 Likes

As soon as they become available on Amazon Prime, I’ll pull the trigger. The FR looks very interesting, especially considering how close it is to serial as @rattlingblanketwoman pointed out. Plus, I love that white and gold color way. Simply beautiful.

4 Likes

I went ahead and reserved a pair. That tuning intrigues me and from everything I can tell HBB and I hear things very similarly so it makes a blind buy at that price a no brainer.

I’m looking forward to seeing how these are. I’d really like to see BLON back in the game with a new successful IEM. The fact that this would be a success for HBB too is icing on the cake. I haven’t owned anything BLON since my 03s got stolen out of my truck in downtown LA.

2 Likes

I said the hell with it and reserved one as well; worst case scenario, I end up giving them away to someone after spending time with them.

2 Likes

I’ll probably end up grabbing one too, Cadenza ended up not working out for me because of the fit so I still have nothing really “default” right now. The treble outside of the higher 8k peak looks to me pretty close to the treble on the QKZ x HBB which I am a big fan of, and the bass hits that everyday sweet spot.

6 Likes

That’s funny because Cadenza is the perfect fit for me

1 Like

This has less bass than QKZ X HBB but a much better driver with good slam and extension. :notes: :v:

9 Likes

I imagine it would work for a lot of people - it’s a nice compact shell with a short stem so if other IEMs are too big Cadenza might be the answer. For me the issue was that because it was so compact it basically only made contact with my ear in the place where the eartip touches the ear canal, and because of the short stem this resulted in it constantly slipping out and losing seal with all the silicone tips I tried. Changing tip sizes or styles didn’t help, only foam tips worked and unfortunately I can’t use foam tips for everyday listening without ear irritation.
The other issue is that because of the way it fit there was no one spot where it was “fully in” - I could always just push it in more if compressed the eartip more, and the limiting factor would be pressure on my ear canal becoming uncomfortable. I had the same issue with some super compact IEMs before, like the OG Moondrop Spaceship(though Cadenza is nowhere near as bad as that POS). In contrast something like Khan just has a full insertion depth where the shell hard stops it physically going any deeper, and it perfectly stays at that depth without getting pushed out.

2 Likes

I am really excited to check these out, but I likely won’t get in on the first wave. I currently work in a secure area, so my phone is in a safe most of my workday. The reservation codes were all gone by the time I got home and saw the news.

3 Likes

Phone in a safe…cool

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

1 Like

We dont need guns in Canada we have our Huskies and snowballs!

2 Likes

Moondrop Blessing 3 review by VSG

6 Likes

Mixed feelings eh? My B3 comes in tomorrow - will let y’all know how they sound :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Please do! Do you have the B2/dusk/variations to compare it to? :thinking:

No, but I’ll steal my friend’s B2/Dusk :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps they weren’t up yet, looks like the reservation system is up now. I’ve been burned by early adopting in the past so I will wait until a few reviews come in even though that white and gold Z300 is calling to me.

2 Likes

Plus all the rampant canabalism that we don’t tell our American neighbours about. :lying_face:

2 Likes