Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Any thought or info on Juzear Flame?

Juzear Flame

Squigs are generally 55dB tall and that scale is about twice as high.
Looks like a nice graph but it will have a typical 10dB ear gain. Looks good :notes:

Wouldn’t have gone near the PR1, with that treble but the PR2 with that agreeable bass and and less disagreeable treble for $39 for a planar, well, you just gotta take a look don’t ya!?

2 Likes

so where can you get the PR2??
Linsoul??

Pre-order, shipping May 5th.

2 Likes

I suggest getting it direct from KZ - you get an early bird discount(it shows up after you add it to card) and my order is already shipped, no need to wait until the 5th.

Free standard shipping the same as with linsoul.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Definitely

(Haven’t had time to listen to it so don’t ask.)

17 Likes

Need to resist the urge to ask anyway…

2 Likes

Randomish question, why do cheaper sets typically have extruded plastic housing for the connectors and less budget sets have flush or recessed 2 pin connections?

Oh and just caved and bought the gold version :smiley:

2 Likes
4 Likes

A question I dont know the answer to. Perhaps its easier to build a set with an extended female socket (takes less space internally) and thus used more.

4 Likes

This what you say + you need tighter tolerances to make better fit of the socket flushed in between shells (meaning tolerance of the cutout + depth as it is visible from the outside and in QDC the hole is below the lip) and higher shell thickness. All in all cost related stuff all around, given the cost of those IEMs very reasonable.
I hate QDC with my whole heart :joy:

4 Likes

Just ordered the KZ PR2 with coupon and postage £29
My first KZ… Still can’t quite believe it will sound like it graphs having splashed on the Timeless, DUNU Talos, Raptgo Hook X will be doing some serious comparisons

7 Likes

Saw your video and ordered. Am excited for this!

1 Like

How do you get the PR2 for $36? At Amazon it’s $54 with a $9 coupon bringing it to $45, and on Linsoul it looks like $45 (I’m not seeing any additional discount after adding to cart or checking out)

Use the code N7YIXGCCGG5S for the PR2 listing by KZ global store on aliexpress. Around 29 USD if it works

6 Likes

Well dang even with no motivation to even hear a new tuning or timbre or tech that’s a hard price to withhold. I think I will Withhold. But dang.

I couldn’t resist £29 is a hell of a price. I’ve never heard a planer before, but the graph looks great

2 Likes

So the kz pr2 vs the blon z300?

Has anyone heard both yet?

1 Like