Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

4 Likes

Props to Headphones.com writer for saying this.

Companies do not care about a Youtuber or reviewer writers longterm credibility.
These folks are not your friends.
THIS IS A BUSINESS
They will use you up till you feel used or you can’t get them sales…and they will move on.
Next year new University students or folks who wanna get easy money will say whatever companies want. (Why should they care?)
Companies know this.
Props to F.C. Construct for pointing out how this fucks the entire hobby :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

Sadly feels like a similar effect to constantly releasing collabs to capitalize on a fan base tho… like you said this is a BUSINESS - we all need to not forget that - whether we are talking about companies or reviewers

2 Likes

10 character

3 Likes

Even better when Hinizs asked to see our reviews prior to they bieng public!

Return the sample if you dont like it postage paid and keep quiet.

FUCK NO!

3 Likes

Bravo bro!
They asked me some dumb stuff a few months ago and I ignored em.
Speaking of collabs… :sunglasses:

Make sure KZ and Linsoul send you mine. Don’t care what you say…just hope music is mentioned.
That is all :notes:

4 Likes

Oh shit

had not seen that… Bravo indeed!! If nobody has seem it it gets rolling at 5:09

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am not sure when my Z300 will get here, but I have Mele and Kai in my desk at home, so if I don’t see a comparison posted, I will give it a try.

8 Likes

commander-farsight-warhammer40k
LET’S GOOOOOO!

4 Likes

Yooo @hawaiibadboy do you like audiobooks (the kind that present themselves like a movie with music and sound effects and such) and what is your favorite (or best you would suggest if you don’t listen to them) iem to use listening to them?

I do and use Final Audio’s VR3000 not sure they’re worth their asking price today but I picked them up in 21 from Amazon UK at a bargain price of £18, they’re a “gaming set” but also work well general audio stuff…funnily enough I bought them for the E tips but found I preferred Spiral Dots on that set :smile:

2 Likes

Look at this. Also someone said to me that ToneDeafMonk is one of the reviewers that tried to sell them on Canuck Audio Mart, before than anyone knew the prices.

6 Likes

This thread was flagged due someone believing that their personal location was divulged yet it was listed on an audio market so I guess they were happy with that in the first place?
So on review I’ve decided to let the post stand.

:beers:

4 Likes

Thanks man!

Don’t get me wrong I have no dog in this fight as long as things stay civil then I’m hands off.

1 Like

In that thread on Head-Fi he then posted an article implying that Hidizs were trying to incentivize positive reviews, but then the writer of the article came on and said that Hidizs actually wasn’t one of the companies that did that. For reference it’s the same write-up by FCConstruct that HBB posted an extract from on this thread earlier. All kinds of shade gettin’ thrown…

It’s obvious that these companies are only near sighted and do not see the long term self inflicted damage their actions will have. When a product is released into he wild their ability to control the narrative diminishes significantly. Now that an increasing number of people, some quite influential, are raising concerns not only about the performance of the product but the business practices of the manufacturer, it will be a wave that they can’t stop. On a side note those with very early Glowing reviews will also come under increased scrutiny. A storm is brewing…

1 Like

Question - I’m a bit intrigued to try the PR2 given the cost, but would it actually be an upgrade or improvement over the Letshouer S12, which is my current planar.

2 Likes

The KZ driver is IMO superior. The S12 is using a common earstudio driver. Take my bias into account with huge grains of salt.
That said…
If you already have a S12 why buy a KZ?
It’s doing close to same thing with a very similar driver
(The driver tech and variety has stalled)
Sidegrade :ok_hand:

6 Likes