Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Thanks for the honest answer! I think my interest partially is that I only have three IEMs (the S12, the OG Olina and the Campfire Holocene), and I really love the Olina so if it was somehow like getting a better sounding Planar it was compelling.

But if you would say it’s more of a side grade I’ll probably hold off and put it towards something more unique

3 Likes

It’s a sidegrade IMO and it’s appeal is being a good driver and sales price.
A person with an S12 does not need to grab.
Save your cash for something that is not redundant :notes: :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Will do! I’ll keep an ear out for what comes up that will be something really new

1 Like

I recently got the S12 Pro and they seem to respond much better out of bigger amps than played from my dongle DACs.
S12 Pro using 20ohm impedance adapter out of ZDT Jr tube amp was really good. As the PR2 have even lower sensitivity at 94dB vs S12 Pro at 102dB it should be even more suitable for desktop amps without hissing and more volume play.
So PR2 is now on order and looking forward to some fun amp rolling.

1 Like

Sidegrade or not, at that price it does mean i get the benefits of a planar both at work and out and about at not worry about losing it or damaging it.

4 Likes

That was an honest counter to your own self interest. Shit like that is why people like you Chris.

From the graphs, the PR2 looks to have more sub bass than the S12 ( which is impressive ), and the treble is a bit more tame above 6k. The S12 will probably have more present mid-bass. The PR2 looks pretty close to the Zeitan Wu, which is a $150 set.

I own the S12, Timeless, and the P1 Max. If I only got one of those, it would probably S12. Some of it is that sometimes I want something different, if is clearly better at something, or if it is affordable, all the better.

This was my take. A planar that if I break them doing yard work, I won’t be annoyed at myself for doing that.

9 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t send it to a bucha folks ahead of time cuz it’s affordable and the public determines the value and hype.

Simgot EA500 was buried by Zeos out the gate and it is a big seller now.
Good gear gets through the minefield.
Good luck PR2

giphy (29)

In other news :heart_on_fire:

9 Likes

I forgot about that, he basically said they were “scary”.

3 Likes

If it’s the review where he was saying it was a set that messed with your brain the more you listened to it, like torture from a recent scifi series where they listen to screams and it breaks them inside… then I just can’t understand. I can understand it not being someone’s jam, but its tuning is fairly plain, really lets a DD be a DD.

It leans bright for some, but not in a weird or unnatural way, and tbh not that bright, especially compared to quite a few sets tuned predominantly for the Asian market that have been popular.

EDIT: Assuming the EA500 was the set he reviewed that way of course. But yeah very odd if so. With such a long drawn out build up too without really describing why he found it so uncanny.

3 Likes

Maybe it the EA500 drivers were not hooked up and it was Zeos inside voice?

But he nailed the BLON B50 headphone rec what a wonderful muddy piece of shit!

2 Likes

The question is, do I satisfy my curiosity about the PR2 if I already have and enjoy the Heyday. It sounds like an inexpensive way to hear the original Wu’s tuning.

3 Likes

16 Likes

I would never get involved or buy any Hidizs, if ypu see the marketing on the back end and borderline legalize wording its bull shit.

The hoops to just through was insane , the emails.

And yes on more than one occasion asking ro see your review to control the narritive.

Companies like this are indeed bad for the hobby. Bad for honest reviewers and potential buyers.

This is only a fraction of some screenshots.

Hidizs is pissed and I dont care I wont ever deal with them again.

Yes I tried to ditch my sample to buy something else worthy of reviewing and that triggers you well so be it.

“Join the alliance” WTF how many of thoses 50+ actually wrote a reveiw less than half what did the other 50% do send it back postage paid and forget about the entire experience?

I said in my video some reviewers will be shilling this and I was right look at who posted affiliated links.
All that hoopla and marketing pressue will undoughtably influnence some and who knows how much out thier review was written by Hidizs or the reviewer.

Makes it harder to know who you can trust.

2 Likes

One thing that makes this very sad, is last summer I was trying to repair a Hidizs dap I got on eBay, and they had zero issue with sending me parts I needed at a reasonable cost, multiple times. No “you have to send it in for us to repair” or “we don’t sell parts”. When I told them I appreciated them helping out someone trying to repair, they said “It’s what we should do.”

I wish they didn’t have to go and use this kind of communication and pressure with review samples after handling the spare parts so well.

5 Likes

Sorry, but selling review samples you paid nothing for at retail is a bad look. I’m not defending them or trying to jump on you as I wasn’t part of this, just sayin’ that’s why you’re catching flack.

Oh well, upwards and onwards, as they say. No need to deal with companies that aren’t going to be handling things honestly anyways. :metal::sunglasses:

8 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Aye they should be handed back/passed on to the the community so more folk can give their opinions…that costs next to nothing and helps us all get a better and more rounded assessment of the set.

6 Likes

Yup bad decision on my part agreed lesson leaned.

My intentions were good to fund other iem’s I deem interesting or of benefit to others and bring to light some worthy deals.

I dont do reviews for a living most of my reviews are on purchased gear or borrowed from friends.

Appreciate the feedback :pray:

7 Likes

More worthy feedback agreed, I want to graph my set and will do exactly that if there is interested parties. So thank you.

All the other peers I communicate with recived a sample and thought like minded on my impressions. And thoose who did not “Participate” were not interested.

On my defence you people dont know me or my character. All of my personal sets I purchased , I mean all and samples i have recieved are out on tour with the Canucks Audioholics Review group to the benifit of all.
And likewise they share thier personal collection with me and lets me bring my impressions to the mix as well. For that i am super thankfull, thier friendship and advce is worth more than anything else to me.

So when you see multiple postings on the same iem thats whats happening.

I hope to be a positive contributing member of the hobby. I slip up sometimes because I am person who is also human and as such make mistakes and error in judgment.

Not sure if the MS5 deserves any more attention at all to be honest.

This will be a Non issue in 2 weeks with currect offerings and future prospects in 2023 ChiFi.

Any Canadians want a shot first DM me not sure about shipping outside of Canada with US customs stuff gets tricky especially made in China ATM with currect politics seems to have trickled down into the shipping carriers.

If you are truly interested let me know.
TDM.

5 Likes

I understand it’s a hustle this review lark but you don’t want to end up like Porta.Fi being in more pockets than a street thief :smile:

4 Likes