Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Now we just need a comparison with oracle and my decision is probably made :slight_smile:

1 Like

The graph I posted was Oracle vs Up. You can clearly see my concern. But the mids and bass on the up looks to be my preference.

1 Like

I am almost hoping the Mangird UP will suck at this point, oh my poor wallet…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s going to suck at all. Per Chris’ early comments and my assumptions. I’m guessing it might be a better resolving, faster and more dynamic (beyrillium and sonion drivers for bass and mids) Clairvoyance that is a bit more relaxed in the treble. Am I close @hawaiibadboy ? My concern with additionally relaxed treble tuning is that EST implementation of treble already is usually not as authoritative as other driver types (why ESTs sound so smooth with no harshness), so symbol hits may sound blunted, soft or buried. Especially with as much mid and bass elevation the UP has. All just my assumptions though. Can’t wait to hear it.

4 Likes

Based on these descriptions, my finger is ready on the buy button.

I have the Clair but the treble is only tamed due to foam tips I put on (campfire marshmallows tips).

If the UP is the Clair, but with better treble smoothness naturally, and more resolving? Damn…

But the ultimate question is….how does it do with the MEST already in a collection?

1 Like

Legacy 2/Fiio FH3 & Legacy 3 comparison… 🔶 ThieAudio Legacy 2 - #5 by Resolution

3 Likes

Hmm that is quite a dip, and I actually like elevated treble. I EQ almost all my sets and a bump right at 5k is one of my go-to adjustments. I have no experience with est stuff though so idk how well it takes to eq.

The rest looks great though. I didn’t know it was gonna be another beryllium set, but that’s awesome, seems to be the king of low end right now and impressive low end is a huge part of what I’m going to be chasing when I settle one one of these tribrids.

2 Likes

If only I could get mangird or thie tuning in a moondrop or better yet Fiio shell. I just want simple looks with great audio.

1 Like

How does the Moondrop Aria compare to Thiaudio L2? I’m looking for a Blon BL-03 comfort & sound upgrade. I’m also willing to tip-roll to achieve my preferences (i’m treble sensitive).

L2 is a cleaner BLON 03 :+1:

2 Likes

YA’LL TEMPTING ME! MY WALLET ISN’T LIKING THIS! :sob:

11 Likes

There is a pretty obscure iem that I used to own - Unique Melody Mirage. 3 BA iem, 1 each for low, mid high. Till date I have not heard midbass and subbass as natural in any other full BA iem. Whoever has auditioned it couldnot believe it did not have a very finely tuned DD. I suggest you try to audition one if you can.

The plot thickens! Damn they look good

1 Like

How old is it? I can buy a set probably

About 2 years old now. Look for a pre-loved set.

1 Like

Just saw your video. Ill pull the trigger during my vacation so it arrives when I get back. Now we just need to wait for comparitions with Variations and oracle. But you sold on the Teas with bery bass lol

1 Like

1 Like

Can you please answer two things i dont think you adressed on your video:

1. Hows the tips that came with the package? Same as teas?
  2. Hows the soundstage?
1 Like

Different tips than TEA irc?
Stage is fine, not “intimate” cut is before area where that is most impacted in my experience. Usually fall off at or around 8Khz is where that happens