Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

It’s the yin to the yang of Canpur.
GM is the do it all (modules)
RN6 is the bass whisperer (incredibly underrated set)

STORM is 16-17K

15-16K

711 couplers are a wild west though

nope-yes

11 Likes

Next configuration I will do with drivers: Sonion 38D2XJ007Mi-8c/Sonion 2389/Sonion E50DT0005/BCD 11mm.Let’s see if I can get less volume dips at 10-20k.

5 Likes

Simgot EW300 Frequency graph DSP w/cable

EW300 black is essentially the collab plus a DSP added in. Variation is on my end. I’ll update but it’s same

All of them

6 Likes

Piezo virtually always peaks pretty bad at 8kHz. For those sensitive to that region, the DSP is probably the wiser choice.

DSP version also strikes me as a perfect entry gift to someone with its very agreeable tuning and plug & play nature.

3 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

The piezo in this isnt THAT noticeable like usually due to the piezo being placed on the back of the DD rather than the front.

2 Likes

wouldn’t that be bad for resonance?
What about tubing? Can we tinker pzt like that

Nah I havent noticed any issues with it, I think placing it in the back is much better than the front because thats why the piezo is usually so noticeable (also doesnt help that piezos are VERY efficient to begin with).

2 Likes

yeah im probs gonna gift my friend the DSP but I’m a DSP hater lmao

I just bought S08 too though so I gotta wait it out lol,

On that note, S08’s weird, I remember my Zetian Wu’s bass being soft and too fleeting but this one is more like my other DD sets. I might look for another set that’s more planar because this is just a great set in general rather than being planar to me lol

I think the tuning’s just so good and I expected something to hurt my ears lmao

2 Likes

oof, sorry about that. The dual VC structure in it is probably the reason it is so different.

1 Like

no need for a sorry cause I’m loving it right now lmao, I’ve never experienced a planar like this before and it’s genuinely pretty cool

I’m down to buy multiple sets with same drivers as long as they do something different and I’m really digging this one. It can slam really well and I just wasn’t expecting that, I was ready for pillow like bass lol

btw what the heck is a VC structure lmao

2 Likes

You need one of the “older” gens then, like the ones found in the Timeless, S12, MP145…etc…

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll put those in the backburner for now then unless I find S12 for cheapie

I also might wait till that rumoured new T10, I’d have bought it but the circle look is yucky on me

ARTTI T10? No pic of the driver afaik, but with that description it does sound like one of the common ones.

1 Like

Voice Coil, aka the thing that makes the membrane actually move when acted upon by the magnetic force. DDs and Planars both have them. Voice coil - Wikipedia
In the case of the S08:

3 Likes

hopefully it is then and another hope that it looks a touch cooler than the 1st gen and sounds better

huh I didn’t actually check their marketing, I thought it was just the same old same old with a newer gen driver

1 Like

ops missed this

Nah completely new afaik.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying em so far

I’ll be blasting them while I choose between the three EW300 variants lmao

I think I’m still getting the HBB one, I’d do the normal EW300 but I like the black look way more than the silver

5 Likes

Looks like the DSP is my collab with a DSP cable instead of a 3.5 but everyone has extra 3.5

4 Likes