Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

Hmm secondhand, still not clean but at least I didn’t give em my money directly

Semantics for sure but I’ll decide once I get some shut eye lol

For now I’ll focus on EW300 then Estrella

Maybe that Ker Weng if Riku and Rattling like em

1 Like
17 Likes

11 Likes

Good stuff, I appreciate you keeping it real and leveled on the review, Chris :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Jay must still be asleep…hard night

9 Likes

Agreed, good breakdown and trying to be transparent about biases and not trying to push too much with the ranking. Super fair to keep it at Id buy it.

8 Likes

I don’t see these (Fatty 3) at fatfreq site. Where did you read about them?
Do you think the fatfreq will be able replace Deuce with Fatty 3?

1 Like

Fatty 3 is a sample unit while HBB was tuning and working with Fatfreq. He had posted a few of the sample tunings on his GitHub.

Fatty 3 is not going to replace the main retail tuning. Deuce is the final tuning. Fatty 3 isn’t being sold. Fatty 3 wasn’t even close to the final iterations as he had 7 samples on there.

As much as I’d throw money to pick up a bit of that history (I’m not above bribery or donating or begging :joy::joy:)…

@Alex08 - it’s over

3 Likes

Oh man, some guy baited me into thinking it’d be fatty 3’s subbass and fatty 6 on the rest of the frequency rip

Appreciate the honest review brotha :100:

Now I can finally sleep in peace :sleeping_bed:

16 Likes

I found the review on the cool side in comparison to the effusive reviews posted and initial take of private buyers, especially for a $300 collab set described as competitive to sets up to $1K.
beeebwaaa… :woozy_face:

4 Likes

I’m not surprised - Chris has one of the nicest collections in the hobby. He’s heard it all and he’s been here for a long time. Longer than most of us. I’m happy he kept it real and super leveled, making sure his biases didn’t really get in the way.

The Estrella is a great set, I don’t think anyone will think otherwise. It’ll be more so how good to great others see it, there will be levels depending on preferences. It just so happens that for my preferences, the Estrella hit me hard, especially in the treble.

8 Likes

Good review as always, now I’ll wait to see how KE4 does so I know which to grab early and which one on 11.11

Or grab both on 11/11 and save more if you are using Aliexpress since they usually have better savings if you spend more at once.

Or even wait for black friday as it is around 2 weeks after 11/11 and there are usually a lot of new sets coming out around 11/11, so you might have more info by black friday on the new sets.

1 Like

I might do it on 11.11 since I wanna do that gift card thingy, Aliexpress not a bad idea too actually

but that black friday idea seems tops so I get a good look at it all, for now I guess I’ll look into my first all BA set and see what’s the stuff or just default into orchestra lite

2 Likes

Depends on how much you wanna spend I guess, and I assume you WANT to actually hear the BAness (so I wont rec you the DD-like BA sets lol).

1 Like

lol yeah that’s what I’m trying to go for, honestly the prices are crazy

I was thinking Dunu SA6 but man hell nah, I’m not trying to spend too much, if there’s a better alt to Orchestra lite it would be great but it looks like the go-to for me at this point lol

it doesn’t really help that it looks so sick

You probably shouldnt spend that much on a BA set if this your first time. Then again the woofer used in the SA6 is the famous sonion 38 series acupass flagship model, so the bass should be pretty DD-like (not that I heard one…).

Orc lite is a safer bet and doesnt have vented BA woofer.
Knowles 22955 woofer

2 Likes

yeah that’s what I was thinking, I was like first time BA set for 500? nope
and if the bass is DD like then yeah I’m out, Orc Lite it is, I’m also trying to see how my ears react to vented IEMs

When I first got my Mext it was giving me headaches with perfect seal but now I think my brain’s used to it. Shoutouts to galaxy buds 2 pro for fuckin up my ear pressure for a whole day and making we wanna eat a bullet lmao

now I gotta find the best color, they just had to give us 5 choices lmao

1 Like

non-vented you mean?

Yeah they added a lot more colors afterwards, pretty sure they only had 2 at the start. Here are the pics of my blue one.

10 Likes