Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

I’m ahead of Thieaudio? :))

https://youtu.be/NS33NSTtLfc?t=1491

2 Likes

Imagine being a surfer, you’ve been waiting on the water for that perfect wave and now you see it coming. Goodluck to ya.

2 Likes

You are a a mechanical engineer. Your R&D dept is in your head next to the engineer.
Not a lot of people on your level. :+1:
Be careful with Customer relations.
I know you love music and have a ton of skills but when someone says unflattering stuff you gotta let it go.
Do NOT engage with consumers or questionable reviewers. Just work on the next project and let your work speak. Social Media and those within…it can be a shithole.
I know people who are like you and quit or paused due to mental stress…not about money…about stress.
Brace yourself.
I’m not joking, brace yourself and keep working hard.
When you read something you think is …mmmm :thinking:
Get off net
Punch a tree
Then get back to work. :muscle:

31 Likes

Well said HBB…

9 Likes

There’s always going to be a level of skepticism until people are proven wrong. It’s all about going forward, making your current customers happy and they’ll drown out that noise.

6 Likes

Great piece of advice. @Anatolyi_ZE let your product speak (as it is apparently pretty amazing) and be patient.

The course of action would differ depending on your end goal - having self sustaining (or like 2nd source of income) business or getting a full time job in larger company, but there are stories from around the forum(s) of both being doable.

I won’t speak for people I personally know, because of conflict of interests, but for 1st type of story I think golden example is the way Jim from TGXear handled the story of his one-man army. He was known in the forums for his day-to-day activity. Then he started to make his buds, probably sent out few samples for reviews (but not for any major names AFAIK) and then let it enroll by its own.

He was also extremely nice and humble to engage with and in connection with him making pretty outstanding products after those few reviews he started to gather attraction from everyday users.
And those everyday user’s stories on Serratus made it happen for him in the end :ok_hand:

One major difference:
His BOM is definitely much cheaper, so sending a few samples here and there requires much higher investment from you to speed up gaining traction.

But thumbs up for your story being at least as succesful, you are after the first hard part of R&D, now the second hardest part of selling starts :pray:

11 Likes

Just like an ME… to use acronyms that only people with manufacturing experience understand

1 Like

10 Likes

The community is seriously getting excited about this IEM.

Me & @domq422 saw some real activity on FB this week

4 Likes

Yup. That’s true.

One or two haters on there trying to ruin and derail @Anatolyi_ZE time in the spotlight for seemingly no reason at all, but definitely more than a few folks are interested in the set.

@Anatolyi_ZE i suggest you hop on FB, brother. The audio pages on there are surprisingly really active and honestly most of the time more active than this forum. You might be able to extend your reach a bit if that’s what you’d like!

3 Likes

Yeah. I suggested a few of them come here and saw your comment too.

It is very unlikely, definitely a great choice to reach out on FB

2 Likes

Oh no Toxic people warning.
I hope he avoids them Dom
For his health

4 Likes

Here’s to hoping that the Origin is a hit.

I was planning on getting a Cantor purely because of my love for the P8. But my worst fear became a reality. I got to try a set today and it doesn’t work for me at all thanks to my weird left ear. I have this weird shallow bend in my left earcanal. This means that if I insert an IEM too deep I don’t hear any sound from it because the nozzle is pushing against the side of my earcanal. Usually I get around this with wide tips and a shallow fit. No such luck with the Cantor. This is what I get for not being a designer baby :sweat_smile:

So now I’m looking at the Origin as the next option for my end-of-year purchase.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know.
I got the Cantor but am not doing a vid. Won’t mention it in vid but I’ll give you an opinion on the 2 , keeping in mind Linsoul sells one and Hifigo the other…calculate the bias. :v:
But I will use music to make my points :100:

5 Likes

Thanks! I did hear the Cantor today (with just my right ear though). Not good enough for a proper impression, but I do expect that if it had a normal nozzle and the tuning would still be as it is now, I would have liked it.
I am also assuming that comparing the Cantor to the Origin is like comparing apples to pears. Full BA set vs a Quadbrid with a somewhat different tuning philosophy. My guess is that Origin might be a more fun listen than the Cantor.

Also, I’m not worried about seller bias. I’ve had good experiences with both Linsoul and Hifigo as well as absolutely shit experiences with both. So I’m neutral. The people at Shenzhen Audio can choke on a bag of donkeydicks though.

4 Likes

LOL
p_12

I actually laughed out loud…thanks :joy:

5 Likes

It’s been making rounds and I’ve shared on Head-Fi here and there. Which FB group?

3 Likes

ChiFi Audio Reviews and others as well.

2 Likes

Using Cantor for 5 days , fit will make or break the 5-8Khz range

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone gives a fuck TBH :ok_hand:

Folks will give opinions, it will be good or bad.
This hobby has angry assholes just like any crowd. It is what it is. Some people genuinely love music and love IEM and they explain well to a crowd that trusts them.
It’s the machine.

3 Likes