Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

Careful…

:smile:

5 Likes

As @Sonofholhorse mentioned.

A recent example (nothing truly vile atm, but still…)

Schermafbeelding 2024-09-30 165510

4Ch is somewhat considered to be the one 3 major birthplaces of ‘internet meme-culture’ (YTMND and Something Awful being the other 2). The site has been called evil incarnate by mass media in the past even though it was just a bunch of us nerds playing around. It’s also the place where the hacktivist group Anonymous was formed (although it was more as a joke in the beginning). Unfortunately, being the bastion of free speech that is was, it ended up atracting the wrong kind of people. The site is now nothing but a hollowed out husk with only a few boards that remain active.

Also, love the Hellraiser movies. But remember, only 3 were made! no more came after that, don’t believe what others say. Only 3.

2 Likes

Speaking of suffering :rofl:
Hell on Earth was an odd one because it was Dimension’s attempt at making Pinhead/The Hell Priest into a Freddy Krueger-type slasher villain when that was never ever the intent behind the character. I think that 4 gets unfairly maligned considering it was murdered by both committee and in the editing room. The underlying ideas and story were great but the execution…well, it was directed by Alan Smithee (if you don’t know who that is, look it up). Everything after that is best left unmentioned as you said although the new one was far and above most of the sequels but yeah, where the rest are concerned, abandon all hope ye who enters…

2 Likes

OK thanks still none the wiser…regarding the cenobites, well they just did their thing when folks got too curious :smile:

3 Likes

You’re better off that way, trust me. Anything that was redeemable about ‘The Chans’ was lost long ago. Only certain threads on niche boards are of any use and the rest is all angry nerds and weebs screaming at each other to satisfy their ego or troll with abandon.

That’s where it gets interesting; in some of the stories, simply solving the puzzle or curiosity is enough to call them, where in others it is desire and need that does. “Angels to some, Demons to others”. While it’s a bit obscure and hard to get physical copies of, the best “kinda canon” continuation of the series after Hellbound was the 2010’s comic series under Boom! Comics; co-writen by Barker himself and featuring a lot of the series characters, even bringing in other Barker characters like Harry D’Amour. Digital versions are easy enough to source if you “sail the high seas” :wink:

4 Likes

:fireworks:

7 Likes

Yep, just got the email too, turned out I did order in time :pensive:
They’re doing the order name by default so anyone who wants something different better check your inbox.

4 Likes

I got the e-mail today and asked if they could just leave it blank. If not, i’m stealing “your mom”

2 Likes

waiting to see all the different Deuce engravings…should be interesting

" she’s my little Deuce coupe
you don’t know what I got " :notes:

3 Likes

I thought it would be fun to have “handcrafted for my nostrils”, or pug nostrils, or waxy holes, too.

3 Likes

12 Characters?
My Drug Tin
Do NOT open
RADIOACTIVE
It’s a BOMB
Pure Cocaine
Fvrt Stln Pnty
Why U Jelly?
Don’t be Mad
BASS inside
Hz so Good!
200w (42)

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

They start it off with “handcrafted by” though which makes it trickier. Without that phrase I’d have gone for “The usual, sir?” on the tin as a nod to the maxell ad.

1 Like
3 Likes

The “I have a box house that is not on skid row”…phase :grin:

4 Likes