Balanced cable adaptor

Hello,

I have a hd 800s. I was wondering if a cable connected to the 800s terminating in a 3.5mm (TRS) connected to a 3.5mm female jack convert plug to 4 pin male XLR would work when connected to a balanced output on an amplifier (with balanced output)

Thanks

1 Like

No, this won’t work. The other way around works.

You can connect a balanced cable to a single ended amplifier output with an adapter. This joins the grounds in the adapter and will functionally work as if you were using a single ended cable (which joins the grounds in the jack). It lets you swap easily between balanced and single ended without swapping the cable. This is what I do myself.

You can’t connect a single ended cable to a balanced amplifier output with an adapter.

1 Like

Could work but it’s dangerous and You shouldn’t do it . The adapter will connect the, normally separated, L- and R- which can damage the amp.

The HD800S usually comes with a 4.4mm or XLR balanced cable + 6,35mm. You don’t have those cables?

1 Like

Thanks. I do have those cables. I was just wondering.

1 Like

Could you then connect the 4.4mm termination to the xlr adaptor then connect it to the amp?

1 Like

yes that would work. balanced to balanced is just fine.

1 Like