Balanced cables

For those looking for a Periapt balanced cable alternative, there is a seller on eBay called Cablearchitect who sells Dyson audio cables that look like really nice quality for about $10 cheaper on average than periapt. Periapt is a good company and I like the cables I’ve gotten from them, but they are for a certain niche. They are long, heavy, thick, and made of a woven material that not everyone will like. Just wanted to point out an alternative. This seller sells shorter and thinner cables that look like exceptional quality for around $50 a piece. And there are a ton of options, he sells a lot. I don’t know this person personally, I just stumbled upon his page on eBay when I was looking for balanced cables that aren’t like periapt cables (wanted something shorter and less like a thick piece of rope) so this isn’t a plug or anything. Just though someone might want to know. I bought 3 cables for my headphones and they’ll get here in less than a week. I’ll probably update this post with the results of how quality they are when I see them.

2 Likes

In speaking of Periapt cables, the only problem I’ve had with mine is microphonics. Whatever combination of materials they use in the stiffer upper section of the cables transfers a lot of clothing rustling and fabric noise to my the Ether CX.

This doesn’t bother me so much when gaming or streaming or playing D&D, but I find myself distracted or consciously attempting not to stir when listening to music.

So I am in the market for an IEM cable with XLR to Hirose 4 pin connectors. I think I found one on AliExpress, but I still have to hear back from the vendor and wait for however long it takes to get it. If anyone has a reasonably priced source of IEM cables for the MrSpeakers to balanced XLR, then please let me know or post alternatives like Gravediggers.