Bass heavy headphones under 400$

Hi, guys!

I’m looking for closed back bass heavy headphones under 400$. Most headphones I try either lack bass or they have enough bass but they sound horrible (beats). I’m looking for something that sounds really nice and has a lot of bass (I listen to edm, pop, rap). What would your recommendations be? Excited to hear from you!

1 Like

Posted in the other thread but check out the v- moda crosfade m-100 masters.

4 Likes

Audioquest Nightowl, Used Denon D2000/5000, occasionally used EMU Teak or Fostex THX00 Mahogany. Meze 99 Noir, Final Sonorous VI, JVC SW01, Sony Z7M2, used Argon.

5 Likes

I would recommend trying the, Meze 99 classic’s I personally love my pair. Not only do I think they have great bass but also sound amazing not to mention they sound good with an amp however even plugged into a phone music sounds great. They definitely don’t require an amp to shine.

1 Like

Am considering getting some 99 Classics too :wink:
Was also looking at the Fostex 610 but I can’t find much info about it

1 Like

Can’t say enough about the bassy ness of the headphones mentioned here.

To throw another option out there DT 770 [Closed] and DT880’s [Semi open] with a pad swap to elite velours is bass cannon stuff.

1 Like

Harmonicdyne Zeus

Closed back?

Thank you all for amazing recommendations, I’m currently leaning towards Crossfade M-100 Masters but I did hear they can get a little uncomfortable.

Sorry only saw the title

1 Like

Meze 99 classics

1 Like

Would you recommend I go for Meze 99 Neos instead? I heard they have more bass than the classics and have a more “fun” sound. I love my krk rokits and I’m looking for similar sounding headphones.

I’d say the original vanilla meze 99 is fun enough already

1 Like

Yeah looking at the frequency response curve (which I know, you can’t rely on but it does tel you a lot) seems a little bloated in the bass. And if I read on meze’s own page it’s the classics but with an unhealthy scoop of bass on top :stuck_out_tongue:

Bit overkill imo

1 Like

I have the original V-Moda M-100. They are uncomfortable with the original pads, but the masters pads are definitely better. When I used similar pads to the masters on my M-100, I remember them being comfortable. I think the only complaint and not sure if they changed this over the years was the pads got a bit warm. I haven’t tried the Meze 99 Classic/Neos, but from what people have said, both M-100 or Meze are potentially good options. It really depends on how you like to hear your bass.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m kind of a basshead so I’ll take as much bass as I can get without sounding too muddy. Apparently Neos have more bass so I’m leaning towards them.

1 Like

I’m choosing between Denon AH-D5200 (360eu) and Fostex TH-610 (500eu). Do you think these will satisfy my basshead needs? Should I save up and go for TH-610s or is the difference not worth it. Which one of these has more bass?

5200 will, and it has more bass than 610

1 Like

I just got my DT 770 250 do you think the bass difference is substantial enough? The pads would cost me 50eu.

1 Like

Yes beyers are some of most sensitive to pad swaps of any headphone

1 Like