Battling Hi-Fi Addiction?

Yep been there…i’d rather save and spend what I can when I see fit on a personally judged sonic improvement then become a hoarder :+1:

1 Like

I want to spend the winter enjoying the new additions and appreciating what I have.

It really does drive my wife insane every time a new package arrives. You probably have a problem if you find yourself hoping the wife won’t be home when a package is delivered. :smile:

My collection is large enough she doesn’t even know when I make an addition unless she sees it come through the front door.

I think I am done on the DAP/DAC/amp front for quite a while though. Headphone wanderlust will always remain though.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

at the same time though…climbing the quality chain gets you experience to learn sound and find what you like / dislike, etc. so don’t regret buying lower end equipment. enjoy the ride! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is my declaration for 2020!

With how hard people push headphones didn’t ever expect to see this thread.
Everything with moderation thats the key to anything in this life.

3 Likes

Totally agree! But I think I have experimented enough to find my groove. It was a lot of fun though! I just hating selling stuff at a loss. It is like admitting failure.:grinning:

1 Like

especially moderation.

1 Like

Good thing we have M0N he will moderate the Moderation of our moderation

1 Like

Probably been on the ride for 30 years lol :+1:

1 Like

but it’s not a loss…unless the value you got from listening and learning doesn’t count?

Agreed. I always say that if I lose $50.00 to $100.00, then it is a “rental fee”. I just have several rental fees coming up soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree, i don’t really regret anything I purchased. I’ve learned a lot about what I like… I will say the one nice thing about audio gear, is much of it tends to hold value pretty well. If you only buy used and are patient enough to get reasonably good deals, then you won’t lose too much… if any in resale. I also learned that “too good to be true” deals… like $35 Dark Voice amps are best avoided… lol

1 Like

Well if you don’t gather the 7 darkvoice rings how are you going to make an audio wish

I just can’t moderate myself

2 Likes

A word to the wise.

GAS falls on a bell curve, some have it more strongly then others. GAS can often switch from one focus to another with very little warning. Don’t try to will-power it away, that doesn’t work. Instead, handle it intelligently. You are going to be addicted. The question is: are you addicted to the right thing?

If I were young I would be hoarding my money for the next ten years or so. Robotics and AI are progressing slowly but surely. It’s just a matter of time until the first practical and desirable femdroids hit the market. They will cost as much as a luxury vehicle. Do you really want to be a spectator gnashing your teeth in frustration because you didn’t save your pesos? And if you’re married at the time, all the worse. You’ll need to budget for two of them.

Dismiss these words at your peril. You have been warned.

2 Likes

Yeah but knowing technology, the femdroids ten years after that will be more lifelike and cost less and have additional “features” the first previous two model generations couldn’t dream of.

2 Likes

Let’s leave that topic to another thread lol, this is about tech that relates to audio

1 Like

I find it hilarious that those deep in the rabbit hole are the one’s to moderate us. :smile:

It’s like a brother/father addicted to drinking or smoking stops the lil Brother/son going down that path.

Lol that’s one way of putting it

I have rabbit hole addictions. If I ever buy anything new say like a new fountain pen. I will go deep wat h many videos and essentially become a hobbyist even though I only wanted that one thing. But I always want the best for my money and because of my experience with other hobbies I know for a fact that staples doesn’t carry any enthusiast level pen

5 Likes