Below 100 Euro: M40x vs SV006S? Or something else? (Closed Back)

Hey guys I try to find a closed back headphone under 100 Euro so I wish to know which of these two are more fun to listen to when powered by a sound blasterX g6? I prefer listening to Hip Hop (mostly), Pop, a bit of EDM and Rock! Do you have other recomandations? I currently have the Tygr 300 R for my open back option.

M40x has some comfort issues. Apart from that, it should do good enough for HipHop, EDM and most Pop Songs. I don’t like them for Rock.

Can you recomend some pads for the M40x? And how are they compared to the SV006S in term of sound signature?

That is the thing, the earpads are alright for me (medium-large ears and glasses). Clamp-factor is also okay, they need to seal after all. It is the headpad that I have a big issue with.

I have no experience with those.

Closed back under 100€?
I got AKG K361 used for 50€ the other day and like them.
Very comfy for a closed back. Way better than M40X in my humble opinion.
Those I returned, also because I figured out that oval earpads are my favourite in terms of comfort.
You can find K371 for <100€ second hand aswell.

between k361 and m40x which is more “fun”?

To me the AKG K361, hence why I’ve sent back the M40X.
“Fun” is subjective tho, the M40X is not bad - just didn’t work for me. Main reason was comfort.
You can make it work, but that requires a pad swap and then it gets a bit more expensive.
The AKG I’ve put on and already felt good about.
Was listening to everything from Jazz to Neo Soul to Hip Hop to Techno.

True, for me the headband didn’t exert much force, but got uncomfy after 40 minutes.