Best albums of the year

Madvilliany was very good… i’ll check out IGOR here soon…

Sorry can’t link the whole their 2019 super cool ‘See Love’ album but here’s a track from it👍 …

Rival Sons - Feral Roots for sure

Others in top would be new Tool, Korn, Slipknot, Steel Panther, Killswitch Engange, Avantasia, Soen

Heize - She’s fine (hip-hop/R&B)
Steve Lacey - Apollo xxi (R&B/Hip hop?)
Marika Takeuchi - Melding (Modern classical)
There were a few new albums I really liked including some of my favorite artists but BEST albums only these cut it. Recomend them to anyone

Shihatsu-matsu Underground - Self-titled
Recommended songs: Kanjō-sen Wakusei, Frustration, and Yoruno-owarini

Atarashii Gakkou No Leaders - Wakage Ga Itaru
Recommended songs: Mayoeba Toutoshi (2nd track), Amayo no Seppun (5th track), and Okami no Uta (7th track)

Gonna cheat here, but I also wanna mention MIGMA SHELTER’s three singles/EPs released this year because I freaking love them: Parade’s End, Names, and TOKYO SQUARE. Recommended listens from each being: the Answer, Spider Line, and Akenouta.

1 Like

what genre r these songs?

Sounds like jrock…

Yeah, Shihatsu-matsu Underground would be Rock, Atarashii Gakkou No Leaders is pretty Jazzy alot of the time thanks to H Zett M being behind their music, and MIGMA SHELTER is Psychedelic Trance. All three groups are Japanese Alt-Idol groups.

My final list from 2019

2019:

1. Rival Sons - Feral Roots
  2. Gary Clark Jr - This Land
  3. Soen - Lotus
  4. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Colorado
  5. Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
  6. Rammstein - Rammstein

Bonus - 2010s:

1. Rush - Clockwork Angels (2012)
  2. David Bowie - Blackstar (2016)
  3. Rival Sons - Feral Roots (2019)
  4. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (2011)
  5. Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2015)
  6. Judas Priest - Firepower (2018)

I buy mostly songs now and very few albums. Nice having a collection where you like/love every song!
I grew up in the era of albums, 8-tracks, cassettes and CD’s. The majority of most music collections was “filler”.

In 2019 I bought a ton of singles (parts of every Marcus King Band album).

These were the only full albums though, starting with my favourite and working down:

1. Ash Grunwald - Mojo. Lots of guest artists and fun from start to finish.

2. Black Stone Cherry - Back to Blues Vol. 2. Man, I own a lot of Black Stone Cherry.

3. Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - Kingfish. This is a great up and comer in blues. Lots of fun.

4. Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury. Watched this album on Netflix in the form of an animated short film and immediately bought it. He slips in a couple of country songs which I ignore. :slight_smile:

5. Southern Avenue - Keep on. This girl can wail, but not as exciting as the above albums.

6. Texas Horns - Get here quick. Great horn work but I got bored of this fairly quickly.