Best Budget Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen vs Audient Evo 4

Hi Everyone,

So I recently ordered a set of Adam Audio T5Vs. I eventually plan on adding a sub but in the meantime I am just looking for advice between these two Audio Interfaces. I am mainly going to use whichever audio interface I go with for playback using both the T5Vs and my trusty M40Xs. However I do plan on doing a bit of non instrumental production and probably some mic work.

Considering my main needs are balanced outs, volume control, and a decent headphone out I think the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen vs Audient Evo 4 are my main options. I have a budget of around £100.

Thank you in advance for any advice or opinions.

Regards,
Shnig

Reading good stuff about the Motu M2 too, might that be worth the extra £60?

Check out Julian Krause’s youtube channel. He does a lot of comparisons on audio interfaces. One that I found very useful was his audio interface headphone amp comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLShpyzwvJs

1 Like

That video is great! Thank you! I’m going to check out his take on the M2!

1 Like

I would take the Motu M2 or Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen) as they give you seperate volume controll for headphone and main out.

So, I’ve gone with the Motu M2. Spending way more money than I had planned!

Give it another two days! Maybe someone has an option that was not mentioned yet.

Happens every time.

1 Like

Ha, yeah. I’m thinking with nice studio headphones and nice studio monitors that I’m better off not skimping on this. Or would I even notice?

I’d be happy to hear more opinions. I won’t receive the m2 till next week and I will have a while to return it if needs be. I appreciate the advice though.