Best car power amps you have tried?

I’m not that deep into all the brands but from what I researched when I setup my carstereo, Mosconi/Gladen had a good reputation in terms of quality amplification and audio equipment in generell… At least in Europe and it works pretty good for me

Audio AQ750 which is no longer available. The company switched over to Soundqubed and have a 850 but I don’t think it’s the same. The metal casing is similar though. It moved my Sundown Audio SA12v1 with ease without ever getting hot. Loved that little amp and did rated power.

I have only used Rockford Fosgate R2. This is the one I’operated bass level control. It has high level inputs for factory radio installation as well as rca jacks.ve had for years and it works great. it comes with ‘Punch Bass’ option and remotely.

1 Like

I’ve only loved Zapco Z series from decades ago. Not sure about the new stuff but those where hard to beat back then. The sound quality and power was amazing.

1 Like

The best Car Hi-Fi Power Amplifier can make all the difference in listening to music while driving. Not only does it provide more power and clarity to your favorite tracks, but it also improves the sound quality of the entire audio system in your car

1 Like

Welcome to HifiGuides! I’m not a car audio expert, but in my current system in my 4Runner and in the system I had in the truck before this, I used Rockford Fosgate power amps and I have been very happy with them. I also couldn’t agree more with what you said. :sunglasses::beers:

2 Likes

as a side jack…assuming you can manage the form factor difference from household audio equipment, how suitable or unsuitable is car audio gear for home use?

as JA says, welcome! and your wise insight in how the quality of the gear you buy for your auto audio is a big influence on how much you can / would / will enjoy your sound system.

it seems you have an interest in car audio…what is your vehicle and what have you installed in it?

For amps I highly enjoy Sundown Audio if it’s made in korea, not the chinese SFB models, or alpine PDX is also great as well.

I am not allowed to start a new thread, so I’ll just use this one! I had to write this because I have just recently discovered - or re-discovered, if you will - my car stereo!

My little Chevy Malibu is a great little commute car. It does everything I need it to do, including play tunes. Funny thing is, I NEVER have used the CD player. I always just flip on the radio, even though radio today completely sucks. And honestly, I feel like the radio portion of the rig is terrible. So, I usually just listen to ball games with it, along with the occasional stints on the classical station I like.

Well, yesterday I decided to actually bring a CD along with me to do the daily grind with. So, I got in the car, turned everything on, and inserted the CD, not knowing if the player would even work. It was a new CD that I just received. This one, actually

I was actually astounded by what came out of those speakers. This system sounds incredible! It has plenty of power, it’s got a full EQ set of tone control settings as well as manual (Bass, Mid and Treble), it’s got balance, a fader, a monochrome but very decent display in the dash - amazing for a stock unit. All this time I just figured this stereo was junk due to its poor radio performance, but there is much more to this OEM rig than meets the eye. What a great surprise! And what a difference it makes for the drive time when you have decent tunes to enjoy.