So I am looking for a new set of headphones/headset with a specific focus on imaging. I already have the Sennheiser 58x (casual listening) and Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro (critical listening) for music. I did have the MH752’s for gaming, but unfortunately my right earcup came loose like many others and I have an pending RMA. But due to the pandemic, Cooler Master will likely take a while on this.
So since I have some extra cash, I am thinking about buying another headset while Cooler Master take their time on getting me a replacement (I will likely give keep it as a backup or sell it). To summarize, I am looking for the following:
- Exceptional imaging for competitive shooters. Music quality is not important at all.
- Closed back as my girlfriend will watch TV/shows in the background from time to time so decent sound isolation would be nice
- Can either be a headset or headphones with a ModMic Uni.
- Preferably wired as I feel bluetooth adds latency and decreases sound quality, but not opposed if bluetooth is just an option and it can be run wired
- Good build quality would be nice, as the MH752’s only lasted a bit over a year for me
- Budget-wise, I am okay up to $250ish, but I wouldn’t mind spending less
Some options I have considered are (from least to most expensive):
[EDITED: Updated Shortlist]
- Razer BlackShark V2 $99.99
- HyperX Cloud Alpha S $108.17
- Logitech Pro/Pro X $129.99
- Corsair HS60 Haptic $129.99
- AudioTechnica ATH-G1 $169.00
- Steelseries Arctis Pro $179.99
- EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 600 $188.46
- Sennheiser HD 569 w/ ModMic Uni $199.90
- Beyerdynamic DT770 w/ ModMic Uni $199.95
- HyperX Cloud Orbit S $229.99
- Beyerdynamic MMX300 MkII $238.55
- AKG K553 Pro w/ ModMic Uni $249.94
- AudioTechnica ATH-M60x w/ ModMic Uni $249.94
- Audeze Penrose $249.99
Let me know what you guys feel is the best option out of these and add any suggestions that I might not have covered.