Best Dac/amp combo or seperate up to 700$

Looking for a new dac and amp. I have the archel 2.0 ordered to try it out. But i would like a nice dac aswell. But also, im using powered monitors Adam audio T8Vs so i need either a dac with pre out like the Aune x8, or a headphone amp with a pre out. I have previous owned the Mdac and the xonar essence 3 and they were nice. But i would like a more warm lush sound with meat to it in vocals.

Have looked into the ifi micro idsd BL, Aune x8, topping a90 and so on and would love ur advise☺️

Im mainly using iems so a low gain would be nice to have.

Thanks in advance :sunglasses::kissing_heart:

^^^ X2 you’ll be able to run super low impedance IEM’s or 600 ohm HP’s no problem plus the X Bass is a nice touch :+1:

1 Like

How about a Questyle CMA400i? Great black background and dedicated 2.5mm balanced out for IEM use. Maybe a little more neutral than the Micro

1 Like

I have the micro bl
It’s very good

2 Likes

The Asgard 3/Modius stack would set you up. Or just the Asgard with a dac card. It has a pre-out controlled by the volume knob on . I intend to buy one for the purpose you describe.

1 Like

That one looked really promising but i have a hard time finding it/ getting it to sweden

1 Like

German site, but these guys say they deliver to Sweden: https://www.projekt-akustik.de/questyle-cma400i

1 Like

I will look more into the schiit stuff. But i havent heard any info about their sound signature so far. But it seems like a nice stack!

Sadly thats already out of my budget

It really seems like this would pretty much be perfect for me. It really is like a swiss army knife. And even supports mqa with an update i believe

1 Like

Hello,
I think that a Dac is not so ideal, but if it is, it should be that you should not have any distortions when you listen with Iem.
That would be for sure an important aspect for you.
The market is not too big.
Then I would have really said ask the user Mon. he could recommend you something I think where fits.
Because I’m not so familiar with this topic.
Questyle okay yes but there is a flip side to that.
It is susceptible to hum but not even a bad choice if everything fits your needs.
Ifi hip Dac possibly still.
I tested the Singxer Sda 2 C but only with the Apple plugs and there was nothing.
What do you think about something portable?
Hiby R3 offers a lot.

1 Like

In that price range, I think this has to be on the short list.

1 Like

Yeah when it comes to dacs. Im not sure i could tell the difference. Maybe if i A/B them. But what i want in a dac is usb and optical support.

I wouldnt mind a portable dac/amp at all. But if i am then it need to fill my needs, optical, pre out for my speakers and so on. But i sure will look at ur suggestions!

Ohhhh it kinda remind me of Aune when it comes to the looks of it. Need to check that one out for sure!