Best EQ I've used in a long time...Cables!

Have you ever put on an album only to find it a tad bright or gritty? Well, after wondering for a while if I was an idiot to spend $1,250.00 on a pair of interconnects I am now very proud that I did an in fact, I wish that I had bought a full loom!

The cables are the Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 4 and they are phenomenal! The best part about them is that whenever something that I’m listening to is too bright, I switch the little pegs on them to red which makes the sound warmer and conversely whenever my system sounds too warm, I switch them to blue to cool it off.

The beauty of this is that not only does my system sound better overall than it would with generic cables, but rather than having to EQ or use two systems, etc. I just take a moment to change the little pegs and it works like a charm!

Mind you, not everyone has great hearing (and funny enough audiophiles seem to not be anymore astute than the general public which I really don’t understand, but oh well!), so those of you with poor hearing or just a mental block should stick with cheap cables (and cheap audio for that matter, since you can’t hear very well or are too pig-headed to be honest). For the rest of you, sadly these cables are not made anymore (got mine during the blow-out :sunglasses:), but they do make a newer version which I believe has the same feature, so if you want to be able to enjoy all of your music to the fullest, then I would recommend trying them out. They’re expensive, but the good news is that they make various levels based on price-point and you shouldn’t have to upgrade them later on as they run both hot and cold and therefore should fit with virtually any system.

nice pasta

5 Likes

I would still use EQ to sound if change is wanted.
It’s faster than getting up changing those pegs. Few clicks in menus and done.
Besides it gives hundred’s of options (good ones) than just 2 options. :slight_smile:

Using passive caps / pegs in cables… if you can do it, it does not mean you should do it.

1 Like

Exquisite cable. These took my blons to a whole new altitude.