Best foam eartips for under £10 on AliExpress? For the CCA CRA and BL-03

Just got my first IEM in the post, the CCA CRA and to be honest I am quite disappointed,

This IEM was heavily tipped on the forum for its bass heavy sound and whilst I’ve only been using it for one day listening to my bass heavy hip-hop and R&B music, I could only describe the bass as low – moderate at best

I am hoping this is because of the stock ear tips being used so want to invest in a new foam tips in Hope the sound/bass will improve

I’m hoping to get them cheap on AliExpress, but as there are w so many on sale I’m a bit lost which to pick

Also, I’m a bit unsure as to whether I need to measure or know the size of the tips that I need

I was hoping foam tips were interchangeable, so I could buy a pack of two or three and use one pair for the CRA and one for the BL-03j

Maybe kz “black star” tips they good for low ) bass meanwhile the white one more balanced

Let me suggest you to use an DAC / DAC dongle first like a CX Pro to be paired with CRA

A good seal in your ears is essential for bass reproduction in IEMs. Foam tips aren’t the best way to achieve this, though.
I suggest you spend some quality time perfecting your insertion technique with stock tips first. Then try good silicone tips like the Dunu Spinfits.
If you need to block external noise, the foam tips from TENNMAK do mitigate common foam tips disadvantages (dull treble, lifetime), are available from Aliexpress and a box fits your budget.

1 Like

I haven’t got a DAC but use an Apple lightning to 3.5mm adapter, will this suffice as don’t want to have to buy/use a DAC too

Wiould these work:

£3.83 | SpinFit CP100 Patented Silicone Eartips for In-ear Earphones (1 pair)

do all IEMs have a universal port to connect ear tips too?"

They’re different in size (diameter) and length.

Same as heart mirror, the bass quantity and sq improved with dongle

But good tips also work…

Foam tips with mesh / kz starline to improve bass?

Will these fit the IEMs:

SpinFit CP500-M - Silicone Eartips Replacement for Universal IEM Earphones with Wide Tubes - 2 Pairs - 5.5mm Nozzle Diameter (Medium) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JJZBP3N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_3S8QCJRQ0RNHBKBREYNF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from the UK so will get them quicker with one year warranty

Plus these are the CP500 model, rather than the CP100 model on AliExpress, is there a big difference between them though?

Yes you can try CP100 and CP145, they have a slightly different shape but the same ability to seal easily.

Yes, internal diameter. 5.5mm on the CP500 is probably too wide to fit on KZ / CCA ?

Ok thanks, just bought two pairs of CP100 tips, hopefully they both fit my QCRA and Bl-03
And of course improve the sq and bass

I also felt like the CRA had less bass than my bl03. It wasn’t anemic or anything, just not there quite as much, which is weird because the frequency charts obviously say something else. I’m fairly sure i had a good seal too.

03 has more mid-bass than the CRA. CRA has more sub-bass.

2 Likes